Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

If you go the 2010 black gas cap route you can swap your tumbler from cap to cap so you don't have to use 2 keys.

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/p01531at
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 11-24-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    If you go the 2010 black gas cap route you can swap your keep tumbler from cap to cap so you don't have to use 2 keys.

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/p01531at
    9bolt, Great thought !!

Neil79 did it on his firebolt I am pretty sure the EBR cap is the same as the Buell cap so it should work.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...-cap-lock-swap

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post

Neil79 did it on his firebolt I am pretty sure the EBR cap is the same as the Buell cap so it should work.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...-cap-lock-swap
    Yes they are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelan View Post
    My bad, I actually meant that comment for Copter. As for the SSR gas cap, they've been 30 days away from black caps for over a year now. Good choice not to wait. I'm fortunate to have one of the now impossible to find EBR retail variant keyless gas caps.
    I am sure you mean Cooter, the O is next to the P on the key board.

Platinum but not Black

https://sphdonline.com/products/p005...t-platnum-l18e
    Last edited by Silverrider; 11-25-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    I am sure you mean Cooter, the O is next to the P on the key board.

Platinum but not Black

https://sphdonline.com/products/p005...t-platnum-l18e
    Yes I did! And I'm not sure how but it seems I may have deleted the post lol, my bad again.

Finally back in town and had a nice package in the mail. I had finally called Tim at IDS to see what he could do about my inop quick shifter. He gave a valiant effort over e-mail to try to help, but nothing worked. As a last resort, he had me send in the EBR "tips" ECM I have to check it out. The fueling program in it was almost identical to theirs, but there were several ECM parameters that were different. One of which was the QS input was set at the BAS pin... Geez. I went over that several times with EBR... anyway...

THE BEST MOD EVER. If anyone says that a QS is hard on a transmission, they haven't used one properly. The timing on this is perfect. super smooth upshifts and a wide range of RPM and throttle opening. I can confidently upshift mid corner with no fear of it stepping out.

So I left El Segundo to look for lunch and didn't stop until I hit Malibu!
    Untitled by Cooter!, on Flickr

and then went farther north to Decker Cyn. (23), Mullholland, Topanga Cyn, and didn't get hime until dark.

I even got up the next day and did the whole Angeles Crest (2) twice!

Had to show off these Kick A$$ stickers a very generous friend sent me

The Ducati Resevoirs work well and look good, and the adjustable steering damper really helps the bike stay settled in mid corner bumps. I have it 2 clicks to max to feel the best for me but I have to turn it back down when I'm going slow or I'm going to fall over in a gas station!
    I know I meant to post a write up and this pics is re-posted, I've been busy!
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-09-2017 at 01:29 AM.

The new tires (same Corsa 2's) really help how these turn. The old front tire still looks really good, and would be fine if I was riding around town, but wow what a difference new shoes make when you're pushing it

I will go back to the 43T sprocket though. Theres a very long open straight right near me with no cross streets (Pershing Dr), so I went out for some acceleration 'testing'. I need a GoPro. So the 44t sprocket on there lets the bike wheelie in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear by just whacking open the throttle. It will do 4th anywhere past 8500rpm if you just pull on the bars a little bit or slightly clutch up. 4th... 4th gear power wheelies... seriously!?!

Last I checked you need the front wheel on the ground to steer and stop, and frankly I've been scaring people in cages without intention. Lets see how this goes. Signal, check mirror, blink Hi beam, pull left to go around, open throttle, SKYYYYYYYY WHEELIEEEEEE, shoot past Prius on back tire while occupants stare agog with open mouths, settle the front down, signal, re-enter lane, wipe undies at next gas stop.

Ya. The 43T sprocket may help just a little.
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-09-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Great pics thx for sharing, looks like you are getting your bike dialed in, Tank looks sick with those one of a kind decals, QS is the only way to go !!!!!!

How did you take off the EBR decals ?

Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast