Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    So then how does the TC cut power? Is it a ECM generated timing retard, ignition and or FI kill? That 'noid is meant to drop the throttle blades.
    I have the noid out now, I'm going to set the TC on 20, ride like I'm 25 years old and see what happens.

I was able to finally check for a draw. and there are two separate issues. I traced one to inside the dash unit itself, the other is a 'pulsing' one in the ECM

What to do? EBR is quite busy doing other stuff to help little ol' me

Hooking up to Li-ion tender every night is a bandaid, but I'd like to really fix the problem.
    The system uses a rear-wheel speed sensor, combined with predictive and reactionary algorithms, to cut fuel, spark, or both, depending on the severity of the slip incident. This is made more impressive when you consider the SX still uses throttle cables and is not ride-by-wire. The bike doesn’t feature different power modes, but EBR feels the higher settings of the TC (resulting in more intervention) will help assuage the fears less experienced riders will have about opening the throttle on such a torque-heavy motorcycle. As a convenient side effect, higher TC levels also operates as a wheelie control function as well.

I hate that we can't adjust it on the fly, but after seeing how it was designed to work, I suddenly realize its in keeping with the theme of the whole bike which is head up and out riding.

So, apparently it's important that you have the bike stopped and in neutral before changing settings or the TC may not behave as it was designed.

I read that, but still not sure about how specifically the TC reduces throttle during a low traction incident because as you say it's still a cable throttle.

If it's just killing spark, there no easy way to gradually reduce or especially gradually re-apply power. It would just be off and ON! Pretty much the same by killing fuel. That got me thinking about a throttle blade override type of system. Which is exactly what the 'noid is. I agree it was for volume standards, but is it also used to reduce the butterfly opening as a traction control?

I got the TC to flash tonight, but didn't feel any abrupt change. Although I didn't before either.

More testing tomorrow!

and some esthetic mods...
    IMG_0655.jpg

Cleaned up the rear quite a bit! Took off the pillion pegs (for now), Installed a plate relocater that was super generously donated. The LED's are ridiculously bright and make me feel MUCH safer waiting at a stop light in LA where Mary Jane is legal. I have some plans to make it a little better.
    I also took off the PITA strap for the back seat pad. I spaced up the mounting bolts with grommets so it wouldn't rattle. Makes taking off the seat MUCH easier and lets face it, the strap is for dudes. If theres a chick on the back, she'll be snuggled up tight. You will never find a guy on the back of my bike. Never. Ever.

Cooter and all,

After reading about all the excitement you all are having in lotus land can not resist a few comments from the NW. I am still on for that beer in Portland, Cooter. I can not believe you are going to drive up on your XB. I have 12,000+ on the RX and do not have a problem with the seat. I actually prefer it to the squishy ones on the XB.

On the TC--Chris Rivas says turn the TC off. That is how he runs his RX and me, likewise. The bike seems to run a lot better with the TC off--as Dicky Mann used to say--it is all in the right wrist.

I modified the bar height and rigged up some panniers on my RX, but frankly I don't get why you guys monkey with the machinery. It is so brutal with the power stock out of the box why not just leave the engine as is? But then, I am not really a gear head.

Opto

Fixed the low oil thing

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Low oil is better than No oil.
    Fixed the low oil thing , There is a red button on my right handle bar press it and then there is oil pressure !

low oil004.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-01-2017 at 11:03 PM.

thanks for the update on the low oil thing, it happens on all my bikes and I was messing around. Didn't get chance to post again about it before others explained why its on. I will set my TC to off this weekend and see how it rides, my biggest fear is with the stiff throttle rotation that I will over do it during a turn or curve and slide out. I've never wheeled a bike, so I have no idea on that sensation and how to control it if it happens. I understand that if it happens to let off the throttle and it will drop back down, but damn.

I so love this bike and wish I had more time to ride and get totally comfortable with it, but then I would be neglecting the others in the garage and shed.

Thanks for all the updates and replies to my stupid comments.

If you are not experienced bike rider with all due respect, keep your TC 6 to 10 ! Until you comfortable with the power of this beast, I have years of dirt bike riding experience on my CR500 and many other bikes, say no more been in all crazy positions. I cant keep my front wheel on the ground, the way its tuned and geared and I love it.

Here is EBRs suggested TC settings in your owners manual.

tc.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-02-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Its sounds like a total hooligan thing to do (wheelies) but to be honest, controlling a wheelie brought me to another level of dirt bike riding and the same for the street. Once you get over the 'I'M GONNA DIIIIEEEEE!!!' You'll be fine and a much better rider.

ATGATT. Warm bike, warm tires. Find a wide, straight, LONG place with no cross traffic.
    Take off, foot covering the rear brake, both hands on the grips, do NOT cover the front brake lever.
    2nd gear, RPM at 1/2 of redline, relax your body and firm grip with your knees and your hands. Get used to snapping the throttle wide open. On an 1190 thats all you need, front wheel comes up smooth and you can set it back down by just slowly releasing the throttle.
    Other bikes can use a little help to get the wheel up. Still in 2nd, 1/2 of redline, mash the throttle and right away (using only 2 fingers) goose the clutch lever. It doesn't take much, you won't even really pull on it, but need to snap it back still at WOT.
    Keep practicing! The important point is to remember to use the rear brake if SHTF and never touch the front. The brake doesn't do much in the air but will bummer your day once you land if your hard on the lever.

Cooter, thanks for the information. I have been riding bikes almost 30 years now, only had a couple on dirt bikes as my son rode when he was little. I am definitely going to try your steps this weekend and see what I can get. I have a feeling its going to take a bit to get over the "I'm going to DIIIEEEE!!" phase. I really don't want to be like those people (Idiots in my book) riding a wheelie at 70 down the freeway or even the back streets. I have taken 2nd gear almost to redline, about 10K, passing some cagers on an onramp. 90 gets there really quick and I love it!! my Ultra is a slow pig in comparison.

Thanks again.

I have never thought this ('I'M GONNA DIIIIEEEEE!!!)' What is wrong with me ?????

now thats not something I'm even going to touch, I honestly think there is no "normal" and there is a little something wrong with everyone.

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast