Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    That sure is pretty!! I never heard of EBR (or anyone) selling a standard shift quicksifter?
    If you install that shifter and the rod is parallel to it, the bike will shift GP and will need a 'pull' sensor.

The $$ question is, if you install the part onto the transmission shaft upside down for standard shifting pattern, will the rod connecting the two clear everything ok? If so... you'll need a 'push' sensor.

What style sensor is the one you bought?
    http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell...ts/ebr-engine/

On the paper work it says (Standard and GP kit ), But the first question I asked the seller was is it GP or standard, he said standard , either way I was getting it . Back in the day I had a ZR1 Kwa 900 shifted on the left side of the bike and at the same time I was racing on my Bultaco 250 pursang shifted on the right side, never missed a gear.So going to GP would still doable.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-13-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Super! It's the same kit exactly, with a different sensor
    That means the rod will clear in the standard shift pattern Still very pretty.

Cooter - I know the bike is still relatively 'new' to you, but how does it seem to be maintenance-wise? I'm fairly committed to owning/maintaining Buells for (among other things) keeping great examples of Erik's engineering on the road for the long haul, regardless of whether or not some version of Buell/EBR is in business.

That said, after this weeks hellish experience working on the Yamaha for a friend, I want to know what I'm signing up for if I decide to do the EBR thing as well at some point.

Been flawless so far Just a service reminder at 600 miles. Oil change is easy (2 drain plugs) and clean, Chain slack (30mm) hadn't moved, and I'm sure the factory wanted a valve lash check (engine rotate) for the first year bikes especially. I'll get to that I believe it's shim under bucket and they're super rock solid. I've yet to have to adjust any motor under 30k miles, but I will check it though as a sign of future issues.

I like this bike a LOT. In 20 years 2037(!!!) if I need a part I can't find, I'll have my robot buddy make me one with Mr. Fusion.

vicenzajay,

I have 14,000mi on my RX. The only major was having the valves re-shimmed. That was after 9000 mi-supposed to be done at 6000. That was a $500 job including an oil/filter change. It definitely needed to be done as all the valves were all out of spec. Some wag on here referred to it is a "horsepower tax"--true enough. Complex job.

Aside from that -- well I raised the bars and as on all my chain drive bikes added a Loobman oiler. On my third set of tires, this time Metzeler road tecs. They were put on at 12,000 mi and are wearing very well. I had the oil changed at 12,000 also and just checked it this morning after a "brisk" 1200 mile burn--same levels as when put in but a little blacker.

So knock wood and so far so good etc.

Opto

All good info....the valve re-shim is the only thing I wouldn't be familiar with in this case. Hopefully that's a thing just about any indy tech can do?

Opto, you have 14K on an RX? You win the hard-taint award

V: $500 for a valve adjust and oil change every 6000 miles is really reasonable (Ever own a DUCATI??). Ya any decent shop should be able to do it. Nothing special about the EBR that they can't youtube I'd consider having them do it, if I trusted anyone to touch my stuff...

Went for a 8 hr ride in the Kings Canyon National forest , Hooked up with a a couple of great riders. Traded off bikes got to ride a black 2015 EBR 1190 and a Super Duc 1290. great time.

park ride01.jpg park ride04.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-17-2017 at 02:51 AM.

What's the SX's seat height? I'm a fairly short guy....

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    What's the SX's seat height? I'm a fairly short guy....
    |2015 EBR 1190SX
    ENGINE|72-degree V-twin, four-stroke
    BORE & STROKE|105.9mm x 67.5 mm (4.17 in. x 2.66 in.)
    DISPLACEMENT|1190cc (72.6 cu. in.)
    COMPRESSION RATIO|13.4: 1
    FUEL DELIVERY|EFI w/2 port and 2 showerhead injectors
    CLAIMED PEAK TORQUE|101.6 lb.-ft. @ 8200 rpm
    CLAIMED PEAK HORSEPOWER|185 hp @ 10,600 rpm
    OVERALL LENGTH|80.3 in.
    OVERALL WIDTH|31.9 in.
    OVERALL HEIGHT|42.8 in.
    WHEELBASE|55.5 in.
    SEAT HEIGHT|32.5 in.
    GROUND CLEARANCE|4.7 in.
    FRONT SUSPENSION|Showa, inverted big piston