Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thats looks exactly how I ride to work everyday!

When I first saw it , I thought it was you .

After a bit of dash diagnostics, the EBR tech says my #24 SX was a "COV" Company Owned Vehicle. The first thought I had was that video! lol.

Adding a quick shifter today, and my saddlebags for the race in Monterey this weekend. I'm going with 9 other people from LA and instead of driving the painful 5 hours on the I-5, we'll take about 10 and go no freeways, the long way, Yay! All these guys ride well, and FAST, so this should be epic.

It's also a good test for a couple long days ride and how I (and my taint) survive it I'm prepping for a long trip this August and as much as I'm planning on taking Stella the STT.....Hmmm....

Soooo. The quick shifter I rigged from my 1125 doesn't work on the EBR. All I get from EBR Tech is it's looking for "more than a ground signal" like all the XB's and 1125's and "don't put 5v to it". They sounded very offended. Since the same sensor is used in their normal and GP shift kits it has to be one or the other. Sheesh. Sorry?

I cannot begin to explain how awesome the trip from LA to Monterey (and SF) was on the SeX. GREAT group of 9 guys, VERY fast pace, VERY skilled riders, and not one highway for 10 full hours! Sure I was tired, but also VERY impressed with how good I felt afterwards. This bike does everything. I had no reservations about going another 300 miles the next day

The 43 tooth sprocket is almost perfect, I have a steel one coming but might even go 44 tooth. I'm used to torquey things and ride like everything a diesel but it still is geared pretty tall. We'll see. Theres some metal shavings coming from the idler (no pics because photo bucket BLOWS) so I'll keep an eye on it.

The red 1125 rear spring is very similar to the yellow 1190 spring. I did all sorts of measurements and I have a full report coming.

Sounds like your having a lot of fun on that bike!

I want one.....

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    I want one.....
    Looks like it was just SOLD !!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Buell-E...RYd8A4&vxp=mtr

Same as mine !! cool fence_818.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 07-14-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Unfortunately - that wasn't me...

Great deal, though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282586395765

NEW 2014 EBR 1190RX - It's so new, it has never been started. Buyer responsible for shipping / pick-up.

Packed up and sent my dash and stock ECM to EBR. $7.85 postage and they got it in 2 days.

I included a specific set of questions with them:
    1) Please check for the 1 amp draw in the dash
    2) Please make sure to enable the quick shift function in the ECM, my EBR ECM doesn't work.
    3) if possible, Calibrate to the 44 tooth sprocket because I get a phantom 4th gear.

They sent it back in my old tiny box and packing for $24 postage, and I got these answers.

1) He 'can't test for a draw because the test equipment was sold', and "I only have a DVOM'. I think thats all you need to check draw? and it still draws almost a full amp when plugged in: ( I can't imagine who else could help?? Any ideas??

The tech did mention that they initially had dash draw issues with the 1125's so they were extra sure to check the 1190 when designing it. That doesn't help my current situation. GET IT??? Current! thats a PUN son!; )

The fuel pump is not running constantly, but does run intermittently for a long, long, time after key off.

2) 'Every ECM now has the quick shift function enabled unless we're specifically asked not too'. So my EBR ECM and the stock one should both work with my Dynojet 4-104 sensor. Neither of them works. The dash diagnostics see the 1.3V signal drop to 0.0V when activated, but does not kill the ignition... WTH??

3) He can't change the speedo ratio (to what the Black lighting has) because it 'would require CARB testing'.

So... at least I can see the turn signal indicators better...

Do I have to buy an IDS ECM just to make the shifter work, and calibrate the gearing?

Do I need to buy another dash?

I'd hate to spent $800 for that stuff on a total guess: (

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast