Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

No rust, probably just the reflection of another awesome Cali sunset Sorry, I have to do that when it starts to snow in the North

TPEHAK: Sigh... it's not a Buell, you can read it right there on the airbox lol.

you are right about that snow, Cooter. All the East West roads over the mountains in Washington are slushy and it is snowing like crazy at the moment. Still bikeable here on the Coast though, sunny fall days and all.

What's with all the negativity from TeePee? Gets old.

Opto

TKC-80's on the STT FTW! Ready for snow Opto. I ain't skeered and I know you're not!

Untitled by Cooter!, on Flickr

I dunno, maybe TP is trolling, maybe bored? We all have our bad days... IMO he has a nice bike that needs to be ridden more and eff-ed with less. But what the heck do I know

/\ done any gravel or dirt with that puppy yet? I'm wanting a dual sport other than my uly(dont want to trash it), maybe a lightning scrambler?

Naw, Coot, not skeered yet. You are right, maybe TeePee needs to ride more--always a good cure for most things.

I hear Michelin (?) has come out with a radial knobby tire that runs pretty good on the open road and kicks it in the dirt. I will try to find out more.

This should be posted in the current tire thread also, but I will put it here.

The tire I referred to above is the Michelin Anakee Wild. The radial knobby. My S in L has them on his Beemer and likes them. This sounds like a great tire for the Ulysses if you do lots of off-pavement yet work well on the highway.

I will try a pair if I get lured into some serious off road touring.

I'm only going to fire road the STT at the worst, and honestly the TKC-80's are way more aggressive than they need to be for that. I do like the look though!

These are the Michelins:

they look much better suited to the job of fireroading and more asphalt friendly

FYI, don't forget bias ply tires will have stronger sidewalls if thats a worry for you.

Take a look at TKC 70's, though I've never had the pleasure of riding a fire road.

A teaser shot! I'll do a full write up when I'm back. The mods are pretty bolt-on but need a little hardware.
    Untitled by Cooter!, on Flickr

Your gascap is upside down....

Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast