Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Wow Lunatic What a great tribute to what had to be an awesome man

The V-strom looks great with the crash bars on it too

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Wow Lunatic What a great tribute to what had to be an awesome man

The V-strom looks great with the crash bars on it too

thanks a ton shaughn for the very kind words. holds even greater weight coming from you. i eventually got past losing him but never got over it. greatest man i've ever known. WW2 pilot....car lover and collector...cycle rider though the biggest bike he ever owned was a Bridgestone 100....just an all-around incredible man. you would have loved him.

I bet you've heard some stories! Do you think you'll ever take the car out to say "Hello" to Pop one of these days? For some reason "Red Barchetta" is playing in my head right now

I never want to feel that loss man. I'm a blubbering mess when a dog goes Even though my parents are doing very well, they are the only family I have left and both mid 70's. Mom's pragmatic so we've had the Pull the plug/Trust/Will/Neptune society talk, and paperwork, and lawyers so were set there, but dang. It's gotta hurt.

I'll raise a glass to your father John, I'm sure he's a great addition to Heavan.

^^^^^ amen !

I've heard some killer story's privately from John about his pop, it was definitely some good stuff. Wish I would have had the opportunity to meet the guy. I think my favorite story was when they went to pick up the last Buell together in the freezing cold and all his dad was worried about was getting some french fries if I'm not mistaken! Hate to even think about the day when my pops is gone, he drives me nuts sometimes but nowhere near as bad as half the **** i put him through! Every morning he texts me, good morning and what the weather is outside at 7:20am! I know what the weather is, I've already been up for four hours. The other day I stopped and said to my partner, ya know one day he isn't gonna be here and I'm gonna be balling my eyes out at 7:20 wishing he was saying good morning and telling me the weather!!!!

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    hey wally: cherish those texts and emails from him. for years i'd get a daily email from the "old man" updating me on barrett-jackson scam auctions....how horrible his magnum RT V-8 2WD dakota was in the rain.....days' weather forecast.....computer won't boot up....how the hell do you get rid of these G damn pop-ups.....the list was long. still to this day i occasionally look for a mail from him and well-up when i realize no more forthcoming.
    and those french fries? LOL LOL the guy was addicted to Arby's curly fries. found an almost new 2007 cityX cherry bomb sitting in a guys' garage in Hellertown, PA with 100 miles on it that the local mice had turned into their new-found comfy home. still have the bike. like a 5 hour round trip so took him along. didn't go 10 miles and he asked if there was an Arby's on the way. stopped above Reading for a small to-go bag...... stopped at the same Arby's on the way home for a late lunch....large curly fries for him as we ate inside the joint....then another small to-go bag for the ride home.
    you have a hell of a great memory wally!

I quess I am very lucky my dad is 94 and lives right next to me, I am going next door to see him. Yes I made him a pie his favorite apple that i picked off my tree., apple804955_n.jpg

Hey man, I'm going to make it out your way, I'll tell you its to show you the SS I bought thanks to you listing it but, in reality, it'll be to get some of that Apple pie, that is if I can get passed your dad !

Looks really good.

any time my friend!!^^^^^^

If you guys are serious about the Mendocino trip in March let me know. Would love to meet some of you. Can't promise anything just yet, but I need a jaunt away. I am located in the Santa Cruz mountains outside of Santa Cruz and the ride up to that area would certainly be fun on the Firebolt.

Oh, and I have some Ollalaberries for a nice pie.

Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast