Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Did some more reading (The crankshaft spins backwards!), and a little shopping. There's some low buck cheeneese crap on her that needs to be changed. Who the Hell puts plastic jewelry on a supermodel?

But yes, Holysheet parts are spendy! Exhaust starts at $2000 and the wheels I want are $4000 so that's just not gonna happen. Ever.

I'm so in love with my new girl. Don't worry about me, I have no illusion, She'll get grumpy, treat me badly, and probably try to steal my wallet. I even expect it. It explains my taste in real women Right now I just want to ride her as much as possible during the honeymoon.

My current screen saver

^^ Sexy !!!! I like it !

Thanks SR! I know you have a bit of the same fever

I'm so in love with my new girl. Don't worry about me, I have no illusion, She'll get grumpy, treat me badly, and probably try to steal my wallet. I even expect it. It explains my taste in real women Right now I just want to ride her as much as possible during the honeymoon.
    This might just be way to explain every motorcyclists taste in women. Dont tell my wife shes a hot rod harley and not an Italian sport bike lol!

Looks like a ton of fun cooter! Should scold you for not checking the bike over better before flogging it, but I've done that a time or 2 too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thanks SR! I know you have a bit of the same fever
    Damm you I thought that was our Man secret ???

[/QUOTE]

She's purdeee! Thanks for all the insight. When you were mentioning about "wallowing in the curves", I thought to myself that it sounded like low tire pressure. Then I thought, "NAH...I know he checked his tires before he rode." Well...there ya go. One day I'm gonna have a black MV - one day.

They are sort of Buell-like in that theres 2 small tail plastics, 2 small side plastics, and the tank. Not as cheap as Buell/EBR but very easily color changeable or wrap-able. That black one looks like Darth Vaders hot girlfriend

Cooter,

That bike looks so cool

Been a bit quiet here in EBR land. But I have been waiting for the time to do the Ol' SeX some needed changes.

1) Valve adjustment. I'm Mr. Maintenance Guy so it's very out of character for me to be over mileage for anything this important. Due at 6300 miles and I'm currently at 8K I know it's more of a EBR assembly check than a wear check at this mileage but she is an early bike! #24

I have 2 excuses for that. One, I want to make a detailed post/pic/video of the disassembly process for our very small community of EBR-ers. We are a hands on bunch, so hopefully that will help someone in the future. The actual adjustment process isn't hard and the deets can be found on Youtube from EBR, but I'd like to show the whole process.

and:

2) I want to convert the SeX to ReX. I bought the SX for a do-it-all fast bike, but all I have been doing is track days and hard curves on mountain roads at only a few hundred miles at a time. I can commit to a better body position with clip-ons so I have collected the major parts like plastics, fairing/dash mount, the clip-ons, and upper triple. I'll make it track legal at the same time with water wetter, and cool-guy safety wire bolts for everything like the calipers.

also, a new / old muffler. As of January 2019, this lovely state of Commie-fornia has re-visited the current exhaust modification law. It applies to cars and Harleys too as a I-was-a-jerk-to-a-cop-so-he-wrote-me-this-fix-it ticket, but the change is where it is no longer the officers discretion to include the $1000 fine over the ticket. That part in now mandatory. $1000 fine. Sheesh. Even most of the tracks around here have a dB limit, including my holy-grail Sonoma Raceway so...

Sorry you beautiful, sexy, flame throwing, LOUD, bit of APH engineering. I'll miss you. The stock muffler with tips and no resonator are still technically illegal, but at least it's a reasonable/ arguable volume level, and not the punch in the face middle finger to the law-men. I'd rather spend my money on tires and race gas, that filling the pockets of the local constabulary enacting an illegal tax on me for a rule I didn't get to vote for... Do I sound mad? lol..

Bosozoku!

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast