Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

{Denial on}
    I have a garage problem. I need a bigger one

Got the opportunity to go to Yamaha ChampDAY school at Buttonwillow last weekend taught by Nick Lenatsch himself! And a full crew of #1 plate holders and past series champs. The amount of knowledge passed down to lowley little ol' me (Bubbles and Mexican Mark Marquez were there too) was ASTOUNDING.

We were there because Bubbles won it at Femwalla earlier and I just HAD to join her I had my doubts (and it was expensive), but wow. Being taught one on one and then immediately getting 30 minutes of track time basically to yourself to practice those lessons was priceless. Maybe 14 people on the WHOLE track!?!

Highly recommend.

I'm doing the front end service because next time I get a cool-guy wheelie pic it won't have a ****ing RAG and a zip tie on the forks
    C577336A-5660-469F-98BA-7C6069055FBB.jpg

Got the opportunity to go to Yamaha ChampDAY school at Buttonwillow last weekend taught by Nick Lenatsch himself!

ah....bull****! how do i know? you can't even spell his surname correctly. it's Nick Ienatsch...with an i.

love always,
    FabioDriven

Is it really!?! HAHAHAAAA! Didn't know that How embarrassing. Guess I've only seen his name in print! We had a long chat at lunch, he liked my El Camino track hauler because he has a nice '67 one at home. Really, really nice dude, so glad I didn't try to call him by his last name.

I want to post about some of the detail I learned from Nick and the guys about body position that will definitely apply to even the street (at speed), but for now here's a hero shot of me being rad.

...and good looking

...in a helmet

But seriously, this is the apex on Phil Hill, it drops dramatically and shoots left. It keeps you honest about cutting the paint because if you don't, you're in the dirt before you can see it. Been there too...
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-08-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I want to post about some of the detail I learned from Nick and the guys about body position that will definitely apply to even the street (at speed), but for now here's a hero shot of me being rad.

...and good looking

...in a helmet

But seriously, this is the apex on Phil Hill, it drops dramatically and shoots left. It keeps you honest about cutting the paint because if you don't, you're in the dirt before you can see it. Been there too...

Rad at photoshop.

note: 34:19 cant lean at all.

I have a really short kickstand (she said).

Sold the Gixxer to the Methhead (see: Cooter sells a bike) and holy hell even the pick up was a nightmare, they both had shaved their heads and showed 3.5 hours late to pick up the bike with a truck FULL of **** (tires, trash, magic carpet, and random apples rolling around?). I don't usually have to work that hard for that much money Sold the STT the very next day to a SUPER nice couple too! Effortless, honest, and pleasant. Wow, what a difference.

Now flush with cash (and garage floor space) I should really focus on the amazing bikes I have left. The EBR is doing very well in every respect and I'm happy with the change back to SX because she's a BEAST on the street, everything up to date and only needs tires because apparently 2 track days is all you get from a set of Q4's. Lord I need a tire sponsor.

The Ss is still super sweet and I just got the finishing touches of upgrades I wanted to the controls, so, done. Ready for any adventure I put before her. I don't have a name yet, but she also hasn't pissed me off yet. Most times that comes hand in hand but that girl makes me happy all the time.

Hmmm what to do...

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast