Thread: Wanted: Buell XB12ss Exhaust

Wanted: Buell XB12ss Exhaust

I just became a Buell owner recently and need to do something about the stock exhaust on my 2007 XB12ss. I am looking for a used aftermarket exhaust like a Drummer, Drummer SS, D&D, Special Ops, Hawk, etc. in good condition. I will also probably be upgrading the ECM to match, so would be interested in that as well. Thanks.

As far as the ECM is concerned, you can save some money by going to Buelltooth.com for a dongle, and they should have the correct mapping (for free) for your bike and whatever muffler you get.

Thanks for the input. I was planning on keeping my stock ECM and exhaust just in case I ever want to switch back quickly. I am mechanically inclined, but I have never really messed with an ECM before and don't want to mess things up. I also don't have an android phone. Is it really quick and easy switching maps from aftermarket back to stock and vice versa with Buelltooth?

Talk to AZMidget on here. He has a deal with a Android tablet and Bluetooth dongle that can work well for you. He's also a upstanding guy!

Quote Originally Posted by crichey View Post
    ...Is it really quick and easy switching maps from aftermarket back to stock and vice versa with Buelltooth?
    Yes! Well worth the cost and effort (which is minuscule).

I thought AZ stopped making them? Dunno... maybe he'll chime in.

I can swap a map faster than an ECM.

If your phone co won't give you one for free, buy a $35 tablet off eBay. Make sure it has Bluetooth to communicate, wifi if you want easy access to emailed maps (or pandora in the garage). And USB, and a SIM card slot.

Thanks guys, you have definitely changed my mind on that issue. Now I just need a pipe without paying an arm an a leg...... If you know of any out there, please let me know.

Well I am either going to send in my stock to Kevin at Drummer or looking for a used D&D. No one with a D&D out there they would be looking to sell?