Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my son his first motorcycle...

Inactive
    you're a great dad cody. i'm very proud of you. that right there is something your boy will remember forever.

^^^^ sometimes this fourm format sucks...can't even load a picture right.. but to make the point again gear, gear and gear.
    Also you will know if it's in their blood right away. My older son used to sneak out in the garage at 1am and try to clean motorcycles at 2yrs
    My youngest liked to put hot wheels in the fairings and exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    you're a great dad cody. i'm very proud of you. that right there is something your boy will remember forever.
    Thanks, John! Always hoping my kids will look back and remember me as a good dad, I'm kinda the stern parent and my wife is a bit more.... lets say forgiving lol.

Going to hopefully try again tonight on the flat long part of the yard. After i a get it mowed, damn april showers. Oh and i added some stickers yesterday

That's a clean little slead you got there.
    So, how is he doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by squidbuellie View Post
    That's a clean little slead you got there.
    So, how is he doing now?
    yeah, pretty proud of that bike, especially for the $! My son, well he's still not wanting to give it another shot yet. Not totally his fault, we have been busy and its been cool and rainy. Still having a hard time convincing him he won't get hurt, but I'm going to let him come back to it in his own time and not pressure him too much. I did take him for an afternoon ride on the back of the harley so he could maybe get a taste of what cool fun stuff riding can bring in the future. He did like that and asks to come along every time i leave on it now.
    My daughter on the other hand... Been doing a bit more practice with her with me on the bike together and i think if she could touch the ground and hold it up she could ride it. Wish i had the money and space for a 50!

Right on, it takes some time. And if you can find a 50 at the right price you should get it for you.
    I have one for myself. That I thrash on every once in a while. And to show my son I can still do it.
    IMG_1999.jpg
    you know something funny. My mother used to get so mad at me when I would ride the whole 5 houses on my Harley when my boys were small. So I just gave up riding them on the bike with me.
    Now one tears it up and the other has no desire.
    But they both have stake claim and four of my bikes that they want to ride and keep when they get older. And not one of them is a Buell.
    And that's another funny thing. the boy that rides all the time wants to ride my restored 51 pan and the younger that doesn't wants to ride, wants to ride my 37 flathead 80 chopper.

But enough of that. Do you have all of the gear? If so what I did with the older one when he was first riding, was put on his gear and then beat the **** out of him with a whiffle ball bat.
    And yeah I know I'm not winning father of the year award.

Wish you were my dad! Lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12