Thread: Extending + battery cable ?

Extending + battery cable ?

Before I end up butchering my wires I figured maybe there is an easy way of extending the positive battery cable and the other wire attached to it.

Reason, I just got a very nice seat and the + side wire runs right across the battery and the seat hits it and won't let the front of the seat slip into its holders either side of the frame.

The previous owner ( very intelligent fellow ) installed one thick washer under each of the rear hooks, this very smartly allows the seat to be raised up a little thereby clearing the battery cable and allowing the seat to seat !

Me being the perfectionist, I would like to do away with those two washers and make the seat just fit the way it's supposed to.

To add to this mixed up jumbled question, the original stock seat, by all accounts is exactly the same and, it fits on fine, go figure ?
    Last edited by njloco; 04-17-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Personally, I would just make a new cable. You can buy different lengths of pre-terminated battery cable at an auto parts store. Get the good stuff. flexible, high-strand, marine if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Personally, I would just make a new cable. You can buy different lengths of pre-terminated battery cable at an auto parts store. Get the good stuff. flexible, high-strand, marine if you can.
    Agreed.

O.k I'll do that, however, I went out after posting this question and separated the positive and small power wire, I was able to go around the other side of of the battery with the heavy wire and across the battery with the smaller positive wire, it fit, still a little tight but I'll work out out.

Thanks

Coolio, thanks for posting the solution