Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running a bit rich

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger25 View Post
    Okay. Got a plan then.
    It runs fine, I'm probably just being paranoid.
    I just ordered a buelltooth dongle thing so I can find out if the p.o. did any kind of tuning.
    Oh...and ps, gotta love how you say "havnt we been over this before"����
    Should I load a race tune on the bike?
    Random "race"tunes aren't always a great plan. Honestly best to leave well enough alone if you're not going to do a mod specific tune.

I'm with this guy^^^

It already "smells rich" enough to you to start a thread about it, what do think will happen if you 'Race tune" it?

You should spend some time polishing shiny stuff on it for now I get it man, it's a cool new toy you want to play with. Try cleaning it really, really well (no joke) it will get you familiar with the parts and places. Try basic maintenance first before you start disabling a good running bike. Have you done the fork oil and seals yet? Thats a fairly universal (Non-Buell specific) procedure to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm with this guy^^^

It already "smells rich" enough to you to start a thread about it, what do think will happen if you 'Race tune" it?

You should spend some time polishing shiny stuff on it for now I get it man, it's a cool new toy you want to play with. Try cleaning it really, really well (no joke) it will get you familiar with the parts and places. Try basic maintenance first before you start disabling a good running bike. Have you done the fork oil and seals yet? Thats a fairly universal (Non-Buell specific) procedure to do.
    That's actually great advice! I'm a neat freak and usually run across things that need fixing when doing fine tooth detailing. Hopes are you don't find anything, but a clean bike is a happy bike!
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 04-19-2017 at 01:13 AM.

"Actually" good advise? You sound surprised! Har har smartypants

I wash all my vehicles for just those reasons too!

I'm with this guy^^^

I actually did do fork seals!! The right fork had no oil in it...
    But ya I wasn't really worried about it running rich I was just curious if that was a normal thing and if not how to fix it. I've done all the general stuff I can think of and it's running good. Just stinks the shop up when you first start it. But I do have to do rocker cover gaskets... that'll be fun.

"Actually" good advise? You sound surprised! Har har smartypants

I wash all my vehicles for just those reasons too!
    I think you might have read too much into my "actually" cooter. Are you ManStruating?LOL

That explains where this blood is coming from

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12