Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Skid plates

What will the cost of this be and are their photos? Sorry but I didn't go through all 8 pages of the thread.

You should look at the first post.

Theres prices and pics in it

Looks like another pre-order is up - so if you've been thinking about getting a skid plate go and express your interest!

http://deanadamsdesigns.com/cart.php...&product_id=21

From the FB post, I should have done this earlier, but with the crap I have going on, I miss things occasionally. Cut off date to order one will be the 15th of this month. I will have at least one or two extras made for guys that don't have the money to get them right now.

I'm having a set of skid plates run again for those of you who had been asking for them. I don't actually have to do any work on these, the machine shop takes care of it all.
    Order them here. I plan to run this until the 15th of this month, so you have a 2 week window, a couple of them have been sold already and production will begin after the 16th of June.
    If you want one, now is the time.

Cost shipped in the US is $270. If you're outside of the US, please message me for a shipped quote. I will send back an invoice via Paypal, so make sure you include your shipping info so I get you an accurate quote.

Last call for this. I have 5 firm commits, I'll do a couple of extras just to make sure the machine shop has the required amount of work to make it worthwhile. I will not be doing these again for a while since it fell through the last time and there doesn't seem to be much interest in them any more.

Ok, these are in process as of earlier this week. I am going to go out on a limb here and say they'll probably be done and ready to ship by just after the 4th of July. Go Merica!
    The machine shop gave me a 2 week lead time at the beginning of the week, I'm trusting that the powder coater will get his end of it done in time, that will be the only real delay.
    I will have a couple of spares, if you haven't ordered one, this will be it for a while. Message me or order it direct if you want one.

These are the item in question, they're well built 1/8" thick aluminum plate, welded and come with everything except the stock mounting screws for the chin fairing.
    I would NOT recommend mounting it to an aftermarket hanger (like the chin fairing brackets I sell) due to not actually testing it for that application. It may look fine, but structurally I don't think it will work as intended.

Also, this is the shipped price IN THE US only. Message me about shipping anywhere else, I can send back a shipped quote to the EU or Australia, where ever it is you want one to go. Just to be upfront about the shipping costs, since my website doesn't charge shipping, I have about a $30 ship factor built into the cost of these units. Get me your actual shipping address and I can invoice you the difference for shipping via PayPal. It will be sent separately, but will have to be paid prior to shipping out the unit.

Last edited by d_adams; 06-20-2020 at 12:22 PM.

The first 11 sold quickly enough that I'll be doing 11 more due to demand for a total of 22 skid plates. Yes, it's an investment on my part, but you guys are worth it. If you want one, I WILL have extras available.

The website shows current stock.

The first batch should be finished and shipping out next week, still waiting on powder coating. I do NOT have control over their process and can't force them to move any quicker. I will most likely be using a different powder coating company due to these delays.
    2nd set is currently in process as well, they're being cut this weekend and welded by mid-week. Powder coat to follow that set.

1/8" thick aluminum skid plate for Buell XB models. Will fit stock exhaust and the Buell P&A race exhaust. Clamp and bracket supplied for mounting, requires 5 of the stock chin fairing torx truss head bolts. Skid plate and oil filter guard as a kit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789