Thread: Buell Firebolt XB12R Corbin Seat

Buell Firebolt XB12R Corbin Seat

I currently own a 2009 fireboat xb12r and my only complaint is the stock seat. The thing is rock hard and those 3+ hour rides are getting very uncomfortable. I found a Corbin seat online that I really like, however, the website says it is for a 2004-2005 model. I called my local harley dealer to see if the part number for the stock seats on those models are the same and they told me they are not, which makes me believe the seat might not fit. However, the guys at Corbin gave me a picture to compare the underside of the seat and the arrangement of parts under the seat on an 05 model and said if they look similar (they look identical) then the seat should fit. I also found an old thread that claims the firebolt corbin seat fits all later models. Before I commit and spend the money, I wanted to see if anyone here knows for certain if the 04-05 firebolt corbin seat will fit later models as well?

It will fit...but don't expect it to be easy. I bought my Corbin new 1.5 years ago (I also have a 2009 XB12R). It literally took 8 months and several sets of brackets, etc. mailed back and forth between me and Corbin to get the seat installed.

I really like the seat - it's fantastic, but it's not easy to "fit" on the bike if it's new.

But to answer your specific question - yes, the seat is the same for the different model years in this case.

That's good to know, thank you! I placed the order for a new one yesterday due to the time required to have the seat made and shipped. I figured if it didn't mount correctly I could always modify it. Would you happen to know the specific type of bracket you needed to mount your Corbin or did they make it custom for you?

Sorry - just seeing this. They wound up sending me two different sets of brackets (and the seat made a trip back to CA as well). The issue was getting the longer "hole" in the bracket forward enough when mounted to make it possible to get the seat down over the studs.

It took (for me) one bracket from one set and another from a different set to get the seat to mount on the studs. Even then it is "tough" job to get the seat on there....takes loads of effort. Ask John (lunaticfringe) about my saddle. In his words (he was doing a once over on the whole bike for me) getting the saddle put back on was a "horrible job".

Not trying to scare you - hopefully yours mounts easily right out of the box.