Thread: XB12s Engine light coming on and off and Miss fire?

XB12s Engine light coming on and off and Miss fire?

So I was riding into work today and the bike was fine the whole ride. Then when I was about 1min away from work when I pulled the throttle back all the way it would Miss fire and the red V twin light (under the nutral light) would come on then go off. It wasn't flashing, It was more like every time it Miss fired it would come on. Then go off when it stopped Miss fireing?? And when I stopped it was idling perfectly. No mis fire and the light was off. It seemed ok again after I stopped. But I did only drive 2 seconds down a road to get to my work. So won't know properly untill later. Anyone had this issue before?? The bike is a 2003 and it's only done 4000 miles. Thanks

Inactive
    do NOT start ripping it apart or throwing random parts at it. the steps below will get you started in the right direction. the "red v twin light" you mentioned is in fact the CEL(check engine light).
    1-remove seat....access battery...remove battery cables....clean cable ends and terminals thoroughly. they must be spotless, pristine, and very very tight. follow the negative cable to its ground attachment point and do the same. it must be flawless.
    2-remove fusebox cover. remove both your accessory and battery fuses. they are blade style...cost 10 cents each. replace both. PRIOR TO replacing closely check the female sockets they plug into. any sign of arcing or corrosion must be resolved.
    3-lastly............access your onboard diagnostics plug which is under seat near right rear area of your battery......do the "jumper wire" fault code test....accessing the ecm memory for historical fault codes. guaranteed you have multiple historical fault codes. this will tell you what is going on.