Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Buell Owner

New Buell Owner

Hi All,

Just got my first Buell, a XB9SX and I really like it.

Question I'm asking is what manufacturers are still making exhausts for these. Mine still has the original one fitted and it is looking a bit tatty. What are my options for a replacement one? I have seen that you can still get the Jardine ones, but someone told me they hamper the performance. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.

CadMann

Welcome aboard,

Let the fum begin, Here are a few , Jardin,Drummer, Drummer SS,D&D,Buell, Buell Pro series, Special Ops, Force,Hawk, One of my favorites Dean Adams.

Show us a pic of your new bike.

And don't forget, you can remove yours and, repaint it. Also I think the special ops one is the only choice that still maintains the working valve in the muffler but does have two exhaust outlets at the end. Go ahead, ask me how I know, just kidding, I just got one recently but have not mounted it yet.

Welcome, have fun !

Hello and welcome! I also have a XB9SX and love the thing. I have a Dean Adams XB-RT-1 on order right now and can't wait to receive it. I had ordered a D&D unit but it was delayed in production so I canceled that order and placed one with Dean. His exhaust systems get the best feedback I was able to find for products still in production. On an XB9 you won't have to worry about the exhaust valve, as our bikes don't use one. The Jardine is ok, but it requires periodic re-packing and needs the "gatorbuell Jardine torque fix" to get decent low end performance from what I have read. I don't have a welder and didn't feel like taking my pipe apart every 5k miles, and I like the dual exhaust outlets. Lots of good info on the site, and again welcome to the Bueller family!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams of Steel View Post
    Hello and welcome! I also have a XB9SX and love the thing. I have a Dean Adams XB-RT-1 on order right now and can't wait to receive it. I had ordered a D&D unit but it was delayed in production so I canceled that order and placed one with Dean. His exhaust systems get the best feedback I was able to find for products still in production. On an XB9 you won't have to worry about the exhaust valve, as our bikes don't use one. The Jardine is ok, but it requires periodic re-packing and needs the "gatorbuell Jardine torque fix" to get decent low end performance from what I have read. I don't have a welder and didn't feel like taking my pipe apart every 5k miles, and I like the dual exhaust outlets. Lots of good info on the site, and again welcome to the Bueller family!
    Here is what it will look like. I had Dean polish mine with the thought if it ever got ugly I would have it hot coated, enjoy it, What tune will you be running ??

.IMG_20161109_193405.jpgKeda_743.jpgKeda_744.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-03-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Welcome, CadMann! Lots of good options like others have said. I just installed a Drummer SS on my XB12Ss and love it. There are many threads on this forum about the pros and cons of all the different exhausts. Try doing some Google searches for things like "Buellxb exhaust" and enjoy the reading. And, make sure to post some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Here is what it will look like. I had Dean polish mine with the thought if it ever got ugly I would have it hot coated, enjoy it, What tune will you be running ??

.IMG_20161109_193405.jpgKeda_743.jpgKeda_744.jpg
    Beautiful bike! I will be sending Dean my ECM for tuning based on my mods and firmware version. I have a 9 but my ECM was updated to BUE2D and I haven't been able to find any eeproms for this configuration, so I am going to let the expert handle the tune. I am hoping I gain a little power but mostly I want a nice throaty sound and I really love the way a slash cut dual exhaust muffler looks.

Dean will have the right tune for your bike for sure, especially if you get his awesome muffler. FYI You can find BUE2D firmware tunes on Buelltooth.com

Thanks for the info Cooter! I have a Buelltooth adapter and have scoured the web for a XB9 eeprom made for BUE2D firmware. All the ones on the Buelltooth site are for XB12's and I was told not to mix and match. I'm sure Dean will get me all squared away.

Ahh, gotcha...They are a pretty cool tool for diagnostics too. Dean is the man! and will have what you need

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast