Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: General tuning options and discussion in 2017 (ECMDRoid,ECMSpy etc...)

Excellent! It's good that you young guys stay up on this computer stuff since us old guys are, useless !

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Just recently completed a re-map of a stock 08 XB9SX. Used TunerPro RT to enable/disable options and to modify rpm and tps load axis tables. Used EcmDroid to log data and Megalogviewer HD to create new fuel tables. Used ECMSpy Mono to burn and save msq and eeprom files-resetting the tps etc. Used a Buelltooth module to connect to the bike. Very happy with the results and learned mucho.
    hey dodge!
    wow! Thanks for the info. on a way to get this done one day. All of that sounds WAY over my head right now, and I don't have any windows systems to run those programs anyway, but I am sure my XB9 would benefit from some minor adjustments using a method like this... hopefully with the assistance of someone who understands these programs more than I do.
    Right now, my bike is running good, and really has no issues that stand out as an obvious "need to fix" scenario. I do feel it is lacking in power slightly, until after 5Krpm, and I suspect it is related to mapping, but it is only a minor annoyance to my OCD that knows the bike could be doing slightly better. Maybe I will get the courage to tackle this one day

So, can I used Buelltooth and ECMDroid to burn the .txt Race file from buellmod.com? I was under the impression that EMCDroid could not handle the .txt files and I would need ECMSpy for that? Any insight would be helpful.

ECMdroid uses xpr. format, and ECMspy uses txt. format. Buellmods maps are in txt. format. so in order to use buellmods map you must use ECMspy.
    Tokin

Thanks. And I promise I searched, but does anyone know where there are any '03 .xpr files hanging around?

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Just recently completed a re-map of a stock 08 XB9SX. Used TunerPro RT to enable/disable options and to modify rpm and tps load axis tables. Used EcmDroid to log data and Megalogviewer HD to create new fuel tables. Used ECMSpy Mono to burn and save msq and eeprom files-resetting the tps etc. Used a Buelltooth module to connect to the bike. Very happy with the results and learned mucho.

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have a buelltooth, and just picked up a tablet to datalog with since I couldn't get my laptop to pair with the buelltooth. Hence the tablet. I am a little lost on how to go from tablet, to adjusting the maps to reburning them. Its been awhile since I been into this. Last time I really was messing with it ECMSPY was still available as a free download.

So could you elaborate a little more on what was needed to do this?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345