Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 09 FireBolt XB12R Blue White 6xxx miles

I am located in Manchester, CT

Is there any chance this is a scam? He will only accept wire transfers. He doesn't have a Facebook account. No local listing. He hasn't posted for 6 years. I asked for a new pic of it and him and today's date and got denied. Multiple spelling and grammar issues. I've been texting him and he says he is an old man but the original post isn't how an older person would talk. "exhaust that sounds bitch" phone number is legit but that's it. Keeps saying to accept "his word". The address he sent me is different then the posting also. I'd like to buy this bike but I need some serious proof that it's not b.s. before I send anyone any money. Anyone around his area that can verify its real? Or should we all accept as a scam?

Sounds like a scam.

You never asked for paypal, i do accept paypal, I think you should be the scam here, why will ask me to ship and when you get the bike before you pay?
    If you want to see the bike, you can come to CT to view it.
    If you can't do paypal, bank wire or f2f then forget about the deal.
    I have clear title in hand.

Actually I did suggest Paypal. I could screen shot it to prove it. You keep saying to take your word for it but you sure weren't willing to take my word for anything. Hopefully it's not a scam and someone gets a really good bike. I know it will not be me.

Inactive
    don't know all the particulars here....have no vested interest in the outcome of this transaction.....that's the qualifier.
    having said that anyone with half a brain and any common sense(that rules out the vast majority of CT residents) should realize that it's incredibly risky business PURCHASING a vehicle in a long-distance transaction. it ALWAYS behooves the seller and lubes the transaction wheels by assuring the potential buyer that whatever he/she needs to be comfortable, to be assured and to finalize the deal will be dutifully and accurately supplied by the seller. what does this mean?
    answer the G damn phone # supplied....send an email attachment of the title if requested....send updated pics of the bike if requested....assist with and be available for the shipper to contact and schedule pick-up with.....do whatever is REASONABLY requested by the seller and realize that if the situation was reversed you'd want the same care and treatment on your end. if those minimal demands and requests are beyond your capabilities or you're just too lazy to cooperate then list it locally and forget international exposure that a site such as this affords you.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-26-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Would NEVER send money to someone for a bike. Either you go and check it out with money in pocket or just go and look. If you PayPal money or wire it you are setting yourself up.

Once, I bought a bike on eBay. Seller assured me that "everything works perfect". I made a plan and the seller was going to pick me up at the airport and I was going to ride the bike back.

(Un)fortunately, things changed in my schedule and I wound up driving to pick up the bike. The bike looked amazing, sounded amazing, and I had a long trip back home. The seller helped me load the bike up in the truck and off I went.

I wound up getting home and realized the rear brake was dragging. A lot! It wound up being an easy enough fix at home, and only cost me about an hour of time and some brake fluid. However, it would have been a real bummer if I tried to ride it home, or even tried to fix it on the side of the road. Plus, even if I would have caught the sticking brake before I left, the deal was already done, and I was 1200 miles from home. Was I going to make the 2400 mile trip, time off work, including all the gas and hotel room expenses to come home empty handed? Also, what would have happened if the bike was knocking or the seller was totally dishonest (he wasn't). Even if I recouped the purchase price, the associated costs of making the trip would have put me back about $500 at least (not to mention one long boring drive-both ways!)

Luckily, everything did work out... but I realized once I was at the sellers place picking up the bike, that I had zero room to negotiate if something wasn't up to snuff. I've seen more than my fair share of cars and bikes, where the seller said "its perfect" and it turned out to be a rolling wreck. Luckily

Caveat emptor!

Sooooo is it still for sale???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast