Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vibration on my buell handle bars are bad .

vibration on my buell handle bars are bad .

ok i new to owning a buell but not a sportster .. so i know there is a vibration problem ... how do i fix or stop the vib in the handle bar while riding the hands fall asleep ...

It's not so much a problem... just a characteristic of the American twin. Try different riding posture, grip with legs, maybe bar riser or weights.

These bikes do vibrate allot. It wouldn't hurt to give a good look at the two mounts. Front and rear isolaters. Take a pic of the front and if you can the rear. It's easy to see if the front is going out. I'm sure so.eone will chime in.

It's most likely from the more forward riding position compared to the more upright Sportster. Work on supporting yourself with your core muscles. Keep your hands loose, and weight off of your arms.

My XB is about as smooth as my 2016 Roadster. I'm willing to bet Dellinger may be onto something.

Fatty SS - what does your name mean?

Try grip puppies, I have them on all my bikes including the non buell types.

BBs in the handlebars work like those "dead-weight hammers". The kind that when you pound something, the hammer does not bounce back or recoil. [A blackjack works on the same principle.] The hammers have shot or BBs loosely packed in them and the thblow or vibration is absorbed and redirected by the BBs striking each other. Overall, they end up dissipating and canceling the kinetic energy. It takes about 3,000 to fill the bars.

Yeah, good idea, of ever get stuck someplace, make sure you have a slingshot and you'll never go hungry.

Really, wouldn't that be a lot of weight adding to the top heaviness of the bike ? How about some rubber tubing slid into the handle bars ?

Need to loosen up your grip a little and stop trying to choke the chicken! Lol! All joking a side, it is the nature of the beast. Like some of the guys have said try a different type of grips but the problem might lie in your arms.
    Last edited by rchuff; 05-10-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    BBs in the handlebars work like those "dead-weight hammers". The kind that when you pound something, the hammer does not bounce back or recoil. [A blackjack works on the same principle.] The hammers have shot or BBs loosely packed in them and the thblow or vibration is absorbed and redirected by the BBs striking each other. Overall, they end up dissipating and canceling the kinetic energy. It takes about 3,000 to fill the bars.
    I've always wanted to try this, as it sounds great in theory.

I've heard that all the BB's or shot makes the handlebars very heavy and can make the bike handle funny. Have you tried it SR?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast