Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB and 1125 Quickshifter install. CHEAP and EASY!

Sweet! Please do!

Just to clarify, when you say a 'race map' is needed, you mean a 'race ecm' right? A physical race ECM has to be installed to support the Quickshifter feature?
    There's no way to write anything to my current ECM to support this, if I understand correctly.

There is no difference between a "Race ECM" and a non race ECM.

You simply need access to the ECM parameters on your ECM you have now, whether it's ECMDroid and a wireless Bluetooth dongle, or ECMSpy/tunerpro and a cable to your laptop.
    Look in "ECM parameters", if you see "shifter feature"... enable it, and you are done.

If you do not see it, install a 'race map' that matches your firmware version (even for a stock pipe) and that should have that parameter show up.
    Last edited by Cooter; 07-18-2017 at 10:19 PM.

So this is a no no on my old 03 xb huh I seen the years you posted but just want to verify ??

So when you say map you're meaning more than just the fuel and spark tables, the whole firmware config.

The quick shifter settings are currently greyed out on my BUEIB ECM.
    I'm not finding a BUEIB 'race' file available online. I'm currently experiencing technical difficulties anyway, so I may end up needing a new ECM, which would make this a lot easier I guess.

Thanks.

MakingPain: I'm fiddling with a DDFI-2 ECM like yours right now. Not sure what I'll find, but I'll post here!
    This all works for the DDFI-3 computers like the -'08-up XB's and all 1125's have.

Shatrat: No. When I say "Fuel map" or "Race map" I mean the .xpr file (ECMDroid) that has the fuel mapping info as well as the ECM parameters. There is no need to change firmware. Firmware is basically the OS on the computer. Your fuel map needs to match the firmware version, as they hold the mapping info in different locations.

I would suggest Buelltooth.com. They have been very helpful and you'll need a dongle and ECMDroid to communicate with the bike anyway. You can find both on their site. I believe they can supply maps of any firmware version to their customers, but I haven't been on the site for awhile.

Siverrider, I'd found that website but all the Race files are for the BUEGB hardware.

I have a USB to serial based cable for my laptop and an ECMspy license.
    Maybe I wasted my money and should have gone with ECMDroid. I don't see anything on the ECMspy site about providing assistance with maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You also have the option to cut fuel/spark, or just kill the spark and you will get a cool little popping between gears.
    I'm sorry for re-opening an old thread, don't know the rules about that. But will it harm you engine if you only cut of spark and not spark and fuel? Because it has a bit more fuel to ignite at once from the cycle it cut off. Seems like a silly question because the whole point of a combustion engine is exploding fuel. But still I was wondering what these specific effects would be on high revs with a sudden increase of fuel out of nothing...

Won't harm anything. And that simple program wouldn't give that option if it was harmful

I don't understand your specific question but the ignition is only cut for about 120-200ms. Even at redline that not enough power cycles to flood the cylinder or even richen it past re-ignition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast