Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Com port voltage

Com port voltage

Looking for a little electrical guidance regarding the voltage at the communication/diagnostics port. I've tried my Bluetooth module and I'm not getting any power. I think my wiring is faulty at the diagnostic plug. I'm getting .73 volts out of 2 of the 4 pins.
    I've searched the 2007 and 2005 service manuals, I even looked through the 2008 electrical trouble shooting and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.
    I did stumble across an old thread that had some info. The thread stated that 3 of the 4 pins should have 1volt of power.
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'd like some more info before I start tearing into my wiring.

And since I know someone will ask; my bike is a 2007xb12r with 43k. It has a Buell race ECM, 1250kit, 540(I think, too many cob webs) cams, and headwork. I'm sure I'm leaving out some other irrelevant little mods I've done.... ...biggest thing is the bike has a 12s wire harness. Harness was swapped in order to accommodate a ridiculous single headlight mod.
    Hey, it's my bike. I'll do what I want with it!

Because the wiring is essentially the same as an xb12s I posted in this section.

Thanks for the help

1 and 3 are 5 volt signals. 4 is 12volts, and 2 is ground.

Thanks AZ! That's perfect!
    I greatly appreciate the time you put into helping me out!
    For future reference, and to save me from wasting anymore of your time; in what manual and in what section of said manual did you find that info?

I just googled "buell jumper cel" knowing it would bring up how to check the codes with a jumper wire. This is in the service manual though, not sure of which section though.

Fair enough.
    I was google searching com port voltage test and diagnostic plug voltage with little success.
    I guess my google skills are quite subpar.
    Thanks

So, it's been a while since I started this post and I still haven't found the root of my problem. I took apart all the wiring in the tailsection and haven't found any obvious issues. I performed a continuity test between the diagnostic plug and its associated wires at the ECM plugs and the 12volt(gray) wire seems to have an issue at the ECM side. Or my continuity test might be flawed.
    Anyway, I plan on taking the plugs for the ECM apart and thoroughly cleaning them.
    Does anyone know if there are any other areas of the harness I should be checking?

Isn't the diagnostic plug included in the wiring diagram, that would tell you what pins to check for continuity.

Try buellmods.com for a service manual .pdf you noob.
    hee hee

As I stated previously, continuity has been checked. I think I did it correctly. Will revisit my process to make sure.
    Manual doesn't show where the wires go, physically, in between the components in question.
    I've exposed all the wires in the tail section, I'm just wondering if I need to check the section of loom along the frame, that's inside the protective hard plastic cover.
    I'll report back after I clean the connectors and hook everything up again.

Oh, and after I learn to read that dam manual! I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that!

DDFI3 data link connector tx and rx wires are light green/red and violet and red. DDFI2 manual I have with me on my phone doesn't have the wire diagrams...

Actually, just checked http://ecmspy.com/pinouts.shtml and DDFI2 is the same colors. So that would explain the non-continuity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast