Thread: Buell Named in Top 10 Cult Bikes

Buell Named in Top 10 Cult Bikes

Hi all,

Didn't see this on any other threads. Nice mention of the Ulysses as #7 in the list.

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/top-...dern-era.html/

But, I think "cult bikes" might be a more appropriate description for this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet!

Cool, I've never been in a cult before !

You must not be religious

ah read on! did not know erik buell was involved in design of the harley FXR!

You knew the number one cult bike had to be a Harley, the question was which one? Street Glides and Sportsters both have enough adherents to qualify as full-blown religions. The FXR, though, might be the holy of holies, the bike that brought Harley back from the dead after AMF and the Japanese juggernaut had crucified it in the ’70s. That which did not kill H-D really did make it stronger, though, and management even saw fit to heed the advice of a young engineer and AMA racer, Erik Buell, who took up the challenge of honing the FL touring-based model into a motorcycle that could actually be ridden by enthusiasts. Once the stone was rolled away, the FXR emerged lighter, stiffer and way more fun to ride than any previous Big Twin. The rest, as they say, is history.

Inactive
    james: i always love articles like that so thanks for posting my friend. two quick observations:
    1-how the hell did i miss a movie who's content has quote.....Female HellCats ruling their men with tire irons as their instruments of passion....end-quote?????
    2-John Burns is a fine journalist and exceptional street rider BUT he's dead balls wrong with his kudos to the H-D FXR series as the salvation and savior of all that is Harley-Davidson. it was NOT! having the factory at my back door and having known tons of employees from drivers to upper management in the past 40 years i can tell you with the utmost of certainty and accuracy....the 3 things PRODUCT-WISE that brought H-D back from the grave were:
    The Softail platform
    The Evolution 1340cc motor
    The Sporster XLX "ride it and trade it" $3999 program.

John, I think you are spot on about H-D. The Evolution motor was key...and that "ride it and trade it" program was definitely a brilliant move to give riders easy access to the H-D brand.

As for the movie, I'd never heard of it either (and I tend to like little known B-movies). I just happened to come across it online. If you want to see them "riding their men as viciously as they ride their motorcycles" check out the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgagDX8Yovs

Inactive
    ^^^ awesome james! awesome. best trailer i've ever seen. i mean how can you go wrong with viscous broads bitch slapping grown men....then riding off on hogs? gets no better than this.

I think I might have dated Whitey in my younger days!! Lol!!!!!!