Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan not running...hmmmmm!

Yep chicknstripn's description is basically the method I was going to dig up. I just retard the CPS 2 degrees (leave hardware loose) while the mark is just coming up on the left of the window then flip the switch set the mark dead center then slowly slide CPS sensor advance then lock as soon as it primes. The straw thing is good for the first time to compare the mark with the piston, that way you will know for sure. (I may do that actually and scribe the inspection hole to the leading mark edge, not a fan of how wide the margin is on that mark).
    Also I wasn't going to have you flash anything, but give you that "visual" cue to do the job.

Lowkey -

You guys have the timing covered (PUN!!!) and it would cause the issues you are having. Post up what you find, we'll figure it out.

Ya, I heard everyone making dongles had a bad batch bluetooth thingys a while ago from the same supplier check to see the little light is flashing the whole time so you know it's not a fuse issue powering it. FYI, a partially burned map won't 'brick' an ECM. It will make the bike not run but you can re-flash if you need to. As I understand it YMMV, the only way to 'brick' an ECM is to load the wrong firmware version of a map, and ECMDroid has safties against that.

Uh, you forget who you're dealing with! Lol! I can break just about anything

Anyhow here is the update:
    I was able to get Ecmdroid to connect tonight.

Timing was pretty much spot on. Maybe a touch advanced, but just a smidge. Probably not the issue, so we can put that on the back burner. Btw, backprobing the signal leads with a dvom is a pain. Ok, trying to bump the motor and hold my head in position to watch for the timing marks is worse. Ugh.

Fan works via active test. So that's not it.

AFV is 105.3

Key off fan on 170c
    Key off fan off 150c

Key on fan on 220c
    Key on fan on 180c

Do those settings seem on where they should be?

Speed based fan control is off.

I'm hedging my bet at the temp sensor. (P1278.K)
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-19-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Those settings look fine ( I HATE speed based fan...)

Will the temp sensor read on ECMDroid?

I'd imagine there is a field i can put into data channels to monitor it.

Where's lowkey?

Sorry, I just got on here right now34nineteen, thought I had it up in "live data" on my last ride while I was data logging. IIRC it has a weird acronym. I could be mistaken as I only had the one ride to data log and watch live data and that lasted about a min before connection failed... I'd look right now but I drained the oil last night so can't start it until I get fluids back in. I do see that ECMDroid reads the sensor under "sensor data" (check box on or off) so I don't see why not. You could lower the "fan on" trigger to say 110 degrees and it should start spinning quickly after warm up. PM me your email man, I got what you need! haha

Yep, mine appears to flake out when it warms up as well. The night after the ride, it would not connect to save my life. In the morning, after everything cooled down, it connected up like a champ. I'm probably going to huck a new temp sensor at it just for sh!ts and giggles.

My email is my username on here at gmail.

Thanks lowkey!

So did you try lowering the "fan-on" "key-on" temp trigger with ECMDroid to something like 110 degrees and see if the temp sensor is triggering the ECM to trigger the fan?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast