Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad to be back on a Lightning

Glad to be back on a Lightning

I now have owned a total of 4 Buells. First one was a 2005 XB9SX Hero blue it was a fun bike but I had the Harley itch and traded for a sportster. That was a mistake and soon after I bought an 2009 XB12SS and that was a nice upgrade. I had that one for about 3 years and got talked into buying a Fatboy. That was a nice bike too but that urge hit me to get back on the buell (note i do regret ever selling the XB12SS). I bought a XB12X (from eBay that was a mistake) and quickly realized I was to short for that. Luckily I was able to sell it for a profit and bought a practically new 1997 triumph speed triple. I kept that for a year and found a 1125CR on craigslist that looked like a good deal. After conversing with the owner and his assurances it was a really good bike I rented a trailer and drove 350 miles to get it. Once i saw it I realized I was fooled. I figured he wouldn't come down on the price since it need too much work and I wasn't willing to pay what he wanted. Luckily I remembered one I saw for sale in the same area on craigslist, and to my surprise he still had it so i quickly headed to that one. It was love at first sight with this bike. So I got that one and hauled it home. I have exchanged the bars already from his set up, firebolt bars to Renthal bars. it fits me good and i like the way it looks. Just thought id share my story.

update: I forgot to say I purchased an 2009 XB9SX not the CR
    Last edited by expresident; 05-21-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Sounds like you've been a Bueller for awhile! Welcome back. A CR is a great bike. Send pics

oops I meant to say I bought an 2009 XB9SX. But i will soon be looking for a CR to add to the collection.

[attach=config]7224
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice----C L E A N!! I've got an 09 CityX Cherry Bomb also. Enjoy

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Nice----C L E A N!! I've got an 09 CityX Cherry Bomb also. Enjoy
    never knew you owned one levan. here's mine. cherry2 (4).jpgcherry2.jpg

I don't have any recent ones John, but here is one from when I went a picked her up.

One of these days.............this is the one I'm looking for. Just something about that blue. IMO the best looking XB.

Inactive
    that trailer pic levan is great. beautiful bike. i'm a big fan of anything red but having owend a few of the hero blue cityX bikes i agree...the blue really is great in person.

I have had blue one as well but was an 05 and didn't have the blue wheels or black frame. if you go blue you have to have the matching wheels and all black frame and engine. my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast