Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: for the new buellers here...

Hello, I may be in the wrong forum, but I haven't been able to find the info I'm looking for, anyhews.. I'm a new Bueller, 2005 xb12s, and my new ride came without the passenger peg mounts & pegs, found a pair of 04-07 xb12r mounts on eBay, but can't find any info on if they'll fit or not, would any of you fine gents know, and or have a set you wanna get rid of, noticed most of you seem to remove yours... My wifey wants to go for a rip on the new beast..
    Thanx in advance.. Tre

Pretty new to the forum, I guess this is where we're supposed to post up ?
    Bought a 08 uly last week, besides the test ride I haven't really got to open it up until today. Now understand I'm going from a Triumph Tiger explorer ex to the uly, the uly is definitely smoother riding, this really surprised me, can't really tell about the handling yet but I'll bet it handles better in the dirt and it does feel better in the twisties, much slower, can't really compare them though, big horse power difference. At slower speeds ( 70 or less ) the uly is definitely more comfy, feels like I could ride all day but, once I start hitting 75 or more, I really start to feel the wind. I don't know if a larger screen would make a difference, I have to research that. The steering feels much lighter and easier up front, compared to the tiger, I'll be checking the headstock bearing tension first chance but, it feels tight, just easy.

The tiger is a great bike !, it's just to heavy for an old dog like me if I were younger I would never part with it. The good news is I have a new friend, the uly ! I was actually able to push it into the garage, the tiger I would've had to start it up and ride it in. There is a lot more to maintain on the uly but I'm old school and I'll learn again and there is plenty of good info here, thanks to all for that.

Later !, see all of you on the road.

I'm curious.
    What model tiger are you comparing the ULY to?
    The old 955i based tigers look hideous to me.
    The new, I think they're 800cc triples, look pretty sharp.
    I would have never guessed the "feel" difference between the tiger and the ULY.

You should think about starting/posting a comparison thread in the ULY section. I'm sure the adv crowd and the potential adv crowd would appreciate the insight.

Thanks to the original poster for the links!

Very interesting info on here!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345