Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Shifter

Quick Shifter

Curious where the interrupt switch is plugging into on stock USA bikes. USA bikes don't have the side stand switch so guessing it's not that. Saw Dean Adams just put one on so maybe can get some feedback from him. Does any of the factory race ECM's have the programming for the quick Shifter or is it only specific ones? Hopefully these come available again somehow as would love to put one on, especially the GP pattern.

http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell.../ebr-controls/
    All you need is a race ECM
    Hooks up in 15 min plug and play

What's it plugging into? Any factory race ECM?

Down by your shifter ,if you look you will see a plug right above your oil filter. there is a plug right by the shifter. It is plug and play. , Any race ECM , EBR, IDS, secondary delete anything other than stock.

vcm_s_kf_repr_417x234.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-01-2017 at 06:54 PM.

So, I'll be the dumb guy. What is the purpose of the GP shifter? Is there a button on the bars to do the shifting like the drag guys use or is this something different?

Sorry for the newbie question.

Gp or race shift is just a reverse shift pattern. Its one up five down, its a matter of preference for most novice to even expert guys. I spend most of my free time on the track and i dont use it, just my preference. Also when doing track days it must be displayed on your tank in writing as to what shift pattern you use. In case you go down track personnel can get your machine into neutral to transport back to the pits. Quickshifter allows clutchless wot shifts by killing the ignition or killing fuel delivery momentarily......but you asked what is gp shift.....lol
    Last edited by wickedchop; 05-30-2017 at 10:41 PM.

I honestly thought the GP shift was the same as a quickshifter. I guess I got them confused, but how does the quickshift cut the ignition during wot shifts?

Thanks for all the info.

I'm not super educated in quickshifters because I don't have one and I'm sure the guys that own them will chime in, but I believe it kills the power to the plugs momentarily (like milliseconds)

If only there was some way to find the answers?? Hmmm.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...CHEAP-and-EASY

Haha.
    Currently the only EBR "kit" has both the quickshifter and changes it to GP style shifting (upside down) and I don't like it either, been riding too long I guess.
    This is because the stock shifter has no linkage to put a push or pull type sensor on. Because the stock EBR shifter splines directly into the trans like an 1125, you'll need the 'linear push' sensor and some brackets I hope to be making soon

I'm also looking into the wiring. The connector that Silver is talking about is the kickstand switch wiring (USA bikes have the wiring, not the switch) I'm unsure if it terminates at the ECM at the right pin. Either way a quick fix. I'll know soon and post on my thread.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-31-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell.../ebr-controls/
    All you need is a race ECM
    Hooks up in 15 min plug and play
    Nccr doesn't have any factory kits. They are working on making a kit of there own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast