Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple will block texting....

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    typical response i'd expect from you. my contention is that the carnage can and should be addressed and resolutions are possible......your prevailing attitude is that it can't and it won't and if it is there's always ways around it. do you even ride?
    Wow, typical response I'd expect from you? Well first no I don't ride I only troll the forum desperately searching for the Honda Accord section... Sarcasm. Second yes I ride, and yes I do think drivers should be punished for being distracted texting and driving! Third it's not an attitude that"it can't work and won't if there is always a way around it" it's my opinion. Example: If all guns were banned this doesn't mean all guns would no longer exist. Also if you think "Apple" is more concerned with safety than sales, they got you! Furthermore I wasn't responding to what you posted Lunatic I didn't even read your rant so in no way was my post towards you or what you stated. I was simply speaking on Midway's post that Apple was blocking texting while driving...

No it's not because as soon as I saw how long it was I skipped it.

So defensive, and quick to call someone a lie. Why would I lie I have nothing to gain I have no beef with you or anyone else on here? Once I saw stats or statistics that were liked to other groups or organizations it looked copied and pasted so I skipped it. So no I'm not staying anything you said wasn't important it true. I just wasn't responding to your post!

Quote Originally Posted by airbozo View Post
    I mostly agree with djs2k2. Specifically this statement: "%100 positive they care more about sales than safety"
    Oh I totally agree with that part as well. But today a deep pocket announces they can stop or fix something that's killing people. They're either out of options and their backs against the wall, stupid, OR actually going to do it and take their changes the publicity and suits will be far worse if they don't bust a move and get out ahead of it. With several states demanding access to data involving fatal accidents it's another attack on their customers privacy policy.

I confess to being a little passionate and having a longtime wish for an expedient solution to texting and driving. It's wonderful technology texting and it won't be limited without a great fight and many more deaths. I shale have no more to say about it except someone unleashed the lawyers today... so now we see.
    Last edited by midway; 06-06-2017 at 10:04 PM.

I totally agree with gregoxb, people are on YouTube, Instagram, twitter, reading the news, taking ****ing selfies all on their phones WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING! It's not just the phones and I'm not trying to deviate from the thread topic here but people just can't drive and flat out don't give a **** anymore about who they cut off or what they do,we are on two wheels and are just sitting ducks! My father and grandfathers taught me how to drive correctly, IN A STICK SHIFT CAR. Showed me how to downshift and how to take corners correctly, don't tailgate, etc. Riding a motorcycle isn't fun anymore on the street, it's flat out deadly. I head out on Sat or Sun morning at 6:45 am sharp and get my backroading in before the assholes wake up and decide to get in their cages with their selfie sticks, peace signs, and duck lips, then I get my ass home by 9:30 am. The track is where I really have my fun. I truly pray for you guys that commute everyday

Inactive
    ^^^^^ well said as usual wally. curious about the mood of the country? take a ride or drive. street riding has drastically changed for the worse in my 47 years of "legal" riding. it's lethal what us riders are up against.

Banned
    Here is what will happen if Apple will do this

As bad as the rate of car accidents is now, I remember them being pretty bad years ago as well. For example, street racing was rampant by were I live, but now no one would dare race those streets anymore because of the heavy police patrol that was not there years ago. Also, drinking and driving was more tolerated. It was no big deal to drive on a few beers. Then they cracked down ultra hard on DUIs. Recently, they implemented 25 mph speed limits on every single street in NYC.

So, things have gotten safer but other things have gotten more dangerous.... I guess?

Well it's happening... just not sure when, no surprises pretty much as I suspected. If you are really that opposed and I can't understand why perhaps stop taking OS updates

Whenever the phone is connected to a car using either Bluetooth or a cable, or if the car is moving, the phone will withhold any notifications for things like text messages or news updates. If someone does text you while you're driving, the phone will respond with an automatic message telling them you're driving and can't respond just now.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/05/tech...ing/index.html
    Last edited by midway; 06-14-2017 at 12:54 PM.

It's here people! iOS 11

The iPhone screen will also be locked to prevent drivers from using many of their apps while driving.
    Users will be able to see Apple Maps, Apple's navigation application, while driving -- though they will be unable to input destinations. Other navigation apps, like Google Maps, will also work, although not quite as easily.

Go settings
    General
    Software Update
    Learn more

Unsuspecting millions are downloading as we speak tomorrow is a safer ride than today for all of us.

Last edited by midway; 09-22-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12