Thread: 2003 xb9r eeprom question

2003 xb9r eeprom question

heyy all i have been looking at throwing a muffler on the old buell xb9. my eeprom is a BUECB and the only tunes i can find is BUEGB.. i dont think that will work on mine. not prom begging just seeing if this will work.. thanks guys and any other tips are greatly appreciated

No. The fuel map must match the firmware version. Have you tried Buelltooth.com or maybe PM AZMidget on here?

You may have better luck finding a H-D dealer that will flash the latest eeprom onto your ECM. It will be BUE2D and have all the latest tuning for a stock bike on it. Then you can find the BUE2D map thats matches your mods.

Cooter, his bike is DDFI2 not DDFI3 so that firmware (BUE2D) can't be flashed.

Makingpain, what exhaust do you plan to run? If you find the race EEPROM file you will be OK to flash it as 03 is the only year race and non-race ECM's EEPROMS can be swapped without issues. All others need the maps extracted and a hybrid EEPROM made to work with non-race ECM's.

Good catch, I missed that. Been burying my head in the later stuff for awhile now.

hey lowkey i was looking at one of deans set ups he has out. and if not just a jardine. i have been having a hard time getting my hands on a "Buell RACE muffler" i have seen the P and M race tune on Buelltooth for a k&n filter and muffler with stock internals. would this be ok? i think it would be on the rich safe side.. i met with a dyno tuner last night and he said we could work off that tune(race tune) and make it real nice for my bike.

Honestly most race tunes are very, very, similar. I would recommend any Race tune over a stock tune with a aftermarket muffler. If you load a race tune and run it on the guys dyno it will tell you right away if it's safe. Then you can check for decent rideability knowing it's not too rich or lean.

Sound about right, if he doesn't already have a tuning program that works with XB's you will want to get a copy of tunerproRT and the needed .ADX and .XDF files. Have him or you load that up and connect with the bike. Load the .txt .bin or .xpr to the bike and lock AFV at 100, most likely he will adjust the fuel and timing off of a WB inserted in the pipe on a dyno, once AFR'S are dialed unlock AFV.
    Last edited by lowkey; 06-09-2017 at 06:34 PM.

he said he had ecmspy and has used on another buell xb12. he said he never gets to tune these bikes they just never get brought to him. he said if we couldnt access the o2 he would probe the exhaust and do both cylinders at once..? he is using a newer dynojet. and he is very savy with power commanders for tuning , i really dont see why this bike would be much different.

OK so go to buellmods.com and download the race EEPROM for your ECM id for him to load, all above info applies. He is letting you know what I said, 02 in the exhaust and not off each cylinder. Without a bung on the front header pipe you won't be able to tune them separately.

Last edited by lowkey; 06-09-2017 at 09:55 PM.