Thread: Buell XB12S questions

Buell XB12S questions

Hey guys so I bought the Buell XB12S about a month ago and it was running fine. I hadn't ridden it in a couple weeks since I didn't have insurance on it yet. It's been charging on a trickle charger all this time and now it won't start. The headlight seems pretty bright but the battery seems to be not very strong and it doesn't really turn over at all. Any suggestions? Just a new battery or something else wrong with it?

Inactive
    battery tenders get confused in many cases. don't know how to explain it. even the deltran techs don't know why. in many cases leaving it on and unattended for a month or more causes your situation...a false full charge light and a dead battery.
    1-remove battery...fully charge with REAL charger...something like 6 amps for 4 hours. then have it load tested. auto parts store or battery shop will do it for free.
    2-if it's some off-shore chinese junk battery replace with deka/big crank etx-14. best for the money i've ever found.
    3-check cable ends for cleanliness and tightness. they must be flawless and tight.
    4-before you spring for a new battery reinstall your present one that you feel is fully charged. now see if bike will start. if it does you're good to go. if it does NOT now jump it from a car/truck/suv battery with that vehicle OFF....NOT RUNNING.
    does it now start? it's your battery. go back to step #1.

Inactive
    would be nice to know the results if you can spare 90 seconds.
    helps other board members.

Heed our elder statesmans advice! ^^^^^

Remember, a bad battery not necessarily a dead battery.