Thread: Where to find physical owners manual - 04 xb12s

Where to find physical owners manual - 04 xb12s

Hey guys.

I have found many places to view or download pdf's of owners manual. Which is nice, and free. But would prefer to have the physical book.

Do any of you guys know where I could maybe purchase one?

When I first bought my XB9 I spoke to someone who worked at the local HD dealership about an "owners manual". They ordered me one for my year and model bike. However, it is somewhat limited when it comes to working on the bike. It is more for general maintenance, and does not go in to much detail about all of the working parts.
    I also downloaded a pdf. file for the "service manual", which is what I use all of the time. It has MUCH more information, and I'm sure it covers everything the owners manual does.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbonso View Post
    Hey guys.

I have found many places to view or download pdf's of owners manual. Which is nice, and free. But would prefer to have the physical book.

Do any of you guys know where I could maybe purchase one?
    The part number for the 2004 Buell Lightning Owners Manual is 99474-04Y. It can be ordered from any Harley-Davidson dealership. Several H-D dealerships have an online presence where you can order parts straight from their website. Also check the websites of the forum sponsors as they may have Buell parts/manuals for sale as well.

Retail price is just $16. If you look on ebay, people are charging crazy prices for the Buell paper owner's manuals because they either think, or want people to think, that they are no longer available, so don't get tricked!

^^^^^^^^Yep, what he said. $16 from a Hardley dealer near me who never sold Buells.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyXB View Post
    The part number for the 2004 Buell Lightning Owners Manual is 99474-04Y. It can be ordered from any Harley-Davidson dealership. Several H-D dealerships have an online presence where you can order parts straight from their website. Also check the websites of the forum sponsors as they may have Buell parts/manuals for sale as well.

Retail price is just $16. If you look on ebay, people are charging crazy prices for the Buell paper owner's manuals because they either think, or want people to think, that they are no longer available, so don't get tricked!

Or print the PDF? I'm sure you know an "Executive Assistant" that could bind it for you. Thats what I did and I find it helpful to throw out and re-print clean pages that get dirty.

I agree the owners manual is fairly useless, the service manual is very helpful though. Double check your drain plug torque spec!

Go on Kijiji (like craigslist but for canada), there is a guy with a whole stash of shop manuals, parts books and owners manuals... I got my shop manuals from him brand new in the plastic wrap! the guy is located in Manitoba, took payment and shipped it out with a tracking number the next day.

Thanks for all of the replies guys. I was not getting email alerts that you guys had responded.