Thread: Motorcycle.com sport bike shootout 2017

Motorcycle.com sport bike shootout 2017

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...treet-shootout

This is just the road test, the track times come later. No surprise, the EBR RX didn't win against these truly amazing bikes. The funniest comment was: "... like it’s five years behind the times...". Ya think??? haha. And they lambasted it for not being 2017 tech. Thats ok by me, I chose mine over the S1000R because my i-phone died that day and it reminded me that glitche$ happen (and I can't fix them myself). Glad to know the ol' girl can still compete in the hyper progressive industry of superbikes And you can buy 2 (or three!!) for the same price

Check out the power graphs. The EBR whips every other bike all the way from idle to 11,000rpm on HP and the torque graph is even more stunning, with the EBR absolutely demolishing them from idle to it's redline.

Good times

Very impressive !

Saw some of that 2017 tech at the IOM last week. Guys turning the key off and on in the middle of the race to reset the ecu. Also guys just turning it off because the anti lock was wigging out while entering corners

Ahhh, the ultimate fix. Turning it off and back on again

Not to mention this is the same path that top level road race cars did as well. When Indy and Le Mans saw the electronic controls let speeds drastically increase (and crashes) they banned that stuff. Drivers need to do more than crank the wheel and stab the gas/brakes.
    {rant}
    I'm fine with electronic interference in daily drivers because 98% of people who drive them, can't. But in the instance of racing and lets face it these are all race bikes, the drivers skill should always be a factor. I can depend on my body, appendages, and right wrist to do the right thing at the right time. Otherwise it's just point and shoot. There will always be someone willing to do that until they kill themselves by stepping over bounds that they were never meant to be near in the first place.
    {/rant}

The thing I have to keep in mind is that even though it came in last, the margins between the bikes is realistically so slim (and subjective) that we're really just splitting hairs.

Myself, I appreciate the new "electronic interferance" as I fall into the category of "squid". I feel confident that the electronics can help me be a safer, faster (and more fun) rider. In the meantime, I'll be squaring off my rear tire.

Oh, I agree 34:19. Anything on the road in normal circustance makes them safer and i'm all for that. You are 100% correct too that the BMW S1000R is heavier and less power, but I bet 95% of people could ride it faster than the SX.

I'm talking about something driven (or ridden) to the limit, like these superbikes are meant to be. I feel once you lose the human interface, it's just a matter of who can program the best (ahem, war-games, cough cough) and looking into my future crystal ball seems like it's just going to be a rollercoaster ride. Fun, sure! But you're not really in control.

Theres also the argument of the purity of it all. Not to wax to poetically about it, but isn't that why we ride?
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-15-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Theres also the argument of the purity of it all. Not to wax to poetically about it, but isn't that why we ride?
    I ogree!