Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buells in the Alps SEVEN

Buells in the Alps SEVEN

Dates are Friday July 28 through Sunday July 30. Buells, EBRs, and other makes welcome.

skyline village inn.jpg

Location is the Skyline Village Inn in Spruce Pine, NC, near Little Switzerland, NC
    http://www.skylinevillageinn.com
    If you need a room CALL the Skyline Village Inn at 828-765-9394. Rooms are set aside for the meet at a special rate; if you try to book by the web it shows they're booked solid.
    NC 226/226A "the Diamondback" is right out of the front door. There are lots of other great twisties nearby. Hotel has indoor and outdoor dining. It's a great place to unwind after a day of riding the twisties.

If you haven't made it to this meet yet, give it a try!

IMG_6283.jpg

T-shirts are available for approximately $15 each (depending on minimum order of 25). They'll be gray in color and 100% cotton:

BITA 7 design no border.jpg

PM me for ordering info.

I looked up the surrounding area and Wow that looks like fun!

Come on down!

This might be a dumb question but I'll ask any way. I'm in vegas and would love to attend. Is there any easy and affordable way to get my bike there without riding it or towing it? I would like to maybe ship them and fly there but I'm not sure if there is a more cost effective way of going about it or which of my options would be best. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post
    This might be a dumb question but I'll ask any way. I'm in vegas and would love to attend. Is there any easy and affordable way to get my bike there without riding it or towing it? I would like to maybe ship them and fly there but I'm not sure if there is a more cost effective way of going about it or which of my options would be best. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
    I think it would cost you several hundred bucks to ship your bike each way. You can always try "uShip" and get bids and see what kind of proposals you get. You might get a cheap bid from someone already headed that way that has room for your bikes.

There is another alternative; Mike, the proprietor of the hotel, has a fleet of bikes that he rents. You could fly to nearby Asheville (or somewhat farther away Charlotte), rent a car, and drive to the hotel and ride one of his bikes.

http://www.littleswitzerlandmotorcyclerentals.com/

that looks awesome! on my list of "to do" trips once the kids get a couple years older!!

On a really weird note: I would love to have a copy of that image file of the the Ulysses in the event poster. Thats a really sweet graphic, feel like i should have that on a t-shirt !

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    that looks awesome! on my list of "to do" trips once the kids get a couple years older!!
    We have it the last full weekend in July every year, so mark your calendar.

How much is the special rate they are offering that weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by zappash View Post
    How much is the special rate they are offering that weekend?
    Room rates vary by room (number of beds, balcony or not, etc.). I'm not sure of the exact amount, but I think he knocks $5 or $10 off the normal room rate.

I would really liked to have made this, unfortunately I'm STILL recuperating from an accident and would only hold you guys up. It's also the same weekend of the largest traditional archery rondevous on the east coast. Yes I can shoot though, not as well or as much as I used to.

Maybe next year.

Have fun !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast