Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do these maps look strange?

Do these maps look strange?

Here are the maps that I pulled off of my 2005 xb12r. The bike has full micron exhaust, breather bypass, and had the airbox lid removed. The maps look quite different to what I have seen from other sources, so I thought I would get some other opinions.

Also, when looking at the maps, does a lower value correspond to a longer pulse of the injector (i.e. a richer mixture)? That seems backwards to me, but from what I have seen it seems that lower values equal more fuel.

Buell_FrontFuel_baseline.jpg
    Buell_RearFuel_Baseline.jpg
    Buell_TimingTable_Front_Baseline.jpg
    Buell_TimingTable_Rear_Baseline.JPG

The lower the value the less the injector is open, so no. The map could very well be tuned to that exhaust setup, what makes you think it isn't right for the bike? Is it running bad? Popping on decel?

The bike has a slight stumble off idle. It sounds like it is backfiring through the intake a little. Not a loud bang, but more like a puff and a loss of power. It seems to be ok once I am moving along. It doesn't idle very well and it does pop on decel.

What is your AFV value at now? I'd start datalogging and running it through megalog viewer to iron it out, you might want to go through intake seals and other parts to make sure it's all in good order as well.

Here is a screenshot of my ECM runtime page. This was with the bike sitting in my garage not running. Does the bike need to be running to get an accurate AFV? 74.5% seems super low. If that is correct then doesn't that mean that my maps are super rich?

ECM Runtime 28Jun17.jpg

Here are a few more things that I have done. I pulled the plugs and replaced them. Checked the static timing. and fixed what may have been a vacuum leak. I have attached a couple pictures of the plugs and the rubber cap that may have been causing a vacuum leak. The plug from the front cylinder is on the left in the picture.

IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg

The AFV below 100 leans out the whole map and 74 is really low! Above 100 is rich.

Sounds like the bike is running very lean too. You should diagnose the problem WAAAY before you attack the maps.

Like lowkey mentioned... intake seals, airbox TB seal leak, old O2 sensor... theres a reason the ECM is pulling that much fuel out but you haven't given any pertinent info, so we are guessing blindly, just like you.

You could set the AFV back to 100 and the bike will immediately run better, but you need to find out why it changed or it will change again. Unless you've been messing with the maps before and that caused it.

I personally set the AFV adjustment limits to about 90-110, but opinions vary.
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-29-2017 at 06:17 AM.

would it hurt anything to re-set the afv to 100% and take the bike for a ~30min ride then look at it again to see if it has reverted back to a low number? It seems like if I had a vacuum leak somewhere that the afv would be high to compensate for the extra air being drawn in.

I agree that I need to make sure there aren't any other issues before changing any maps.

Replace that rubber cap that is dry rot. Those plugs look like they are to rich.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Replace that rubber cap that is dry rot. Those plugs look like they are to rich.
    I did replace the cap. I also installed new spark plugs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast