Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bid to buy Ducati... from Harley?

Do you think this is a regret that they let Buell fail. And have realized the mistake they made?

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker98 View Post
    Do you think this is a regret that they let Buell fail. And have realized the mistake they made?
    Seems to me Buell was making well built quality machines during his time with Harley and they were being sold for a reasonable price... not exactly consistent with Harley's method of operation. Ducati makes high-end bikes that have a similar sticker price as Harleys. Might actually workout if Harley doesn't kick the legs out from under Ducati's quality and design. Could be wrong about that, I don't price shop Ducati's or Harleys.
    Last edited by midway; 06-30-2017 at 08:46 PM.

I may offend some people with my bias but I believe Ducati and Harley have the same target audience.... people with deep wallets that care more about image than function.
    And a bunch of Aholes that will pay a premium price for basic service.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    I may offend some people with my bias but I believe Ducati and Harley have the same target audience.... people with deep wallets that care more about image than function.
    And a bunch of Aholes that will pay a premium price for basic service.
    Totally agree, even though I'm broke and have a Harley!

As i told one of my Harley riding buddies: " I can't wait to find some snooty looking Ducati Rider and ask him how he likes his Harley-Davidson!"Lol. If you really get down to it it's a bad deal from either side. never met a Ducati guy that really wanted a damn thing to do with Harleys. And never talked to many Harley guys that would give a Ducati a second look. There are weirdos like me and a couple of my friends that have ridden both, some of them have owned both but we're weird. But you already knew that I do own a Buell.

And what did Harley do to those of us that are weird?
    Hopefully they won't do the same to Ducati. That brand is way too strong.
    Truthfully, it's the Harley of the sportbike world. Only difference is Ducati keeps pushing the performance envelope.

Leave it to Harley to screw another motorcycle company over and take them to the ground. It seems to be that is what they are really good at. I don't get this whole thing because they don't advertise any other brands or push the lines( like Buell when they had them).
    Last edited by rchuff; 06-30-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Hopefully for the sake of Harley and ducati. The ownership will be a very "silent" one. No messing around with what the folks @ducati do from corporate HD and in turn no bad backlash on Harleys image for (once again)screwing up a good thing. *fingers crossed*

Looking at some Duc forums they are not amused.... not a single positive thing written....

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    Looking at some Duc forums they are not amused.... not a single positive thing written....
    I BET... LOL has anyone checked in on their favorite Harley forum as to how this is being received? I'm a member of a big one but wasn't going to break the story.

Kind of a bizarre choice for Harley if you ask me. I had a Ducati 999 for a few years and loved everything about it except the tickets. Sound. Looks. Speed. Acceleration. Handling out of this world. They had MV Augusta and sold it. Weird. I'm a fan of Ducs I just hope a new owner that buys them keeps their racing priority #1.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast