Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interceptor bug

I had a pre-VFR! A 1983 VF750F Interceptor that I spent some time restoring a few years ago. That was the bike that got me back into riding again after I had been away for a couple of decades. I had always loved the Interceptors and the VFRs, so thought I'd start with the one that started it all. The bike was heavy for its displacement (it was about 550 lbs fully fueled), but that engine was so smooth and it handled pretty well despite its age and weight. I also love the throwback look of the 2007 Anniversary edition, but they had moved away from the gear driven cams that had started back in 1986 with the original VFR (which is the one I really lusted after back then).

Pulled da triggah! 99 VFR800FI, 1 owner. I gotta be careful. This thing is smoove. The CityX ain't going nowhere. As soon as my son saw this VFR, this was his comment. "I like the Buell better" He's a smart one, that son o' mine. I like both.

20170819_194222

20170821_094515
    Last edited by lancruza; 08-23-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Banned
    Even 99 Buell is better.

Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Pulled da triggah! 99 VFR800FI, 1 owner. I gotta be careful. This thing is smoove. The CityX ain't going nowhere. As soon as my son saw this VFR, this was his comment. "I like the Buell better" He's a smart one, that son o' mine. I like both.

20170819_194222

20170821_094515
    That is awesome , I like it , Red yes again.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Even 99 Buell is better.
    Don't get me wrong, I luv my CityX. Buell definitely has a special place in my heart (cue the violins). But this is a different kinda animal. I really like the V4 with the gear driven cam. Music to my ears. Plus the Interceptors are known to rack up lots of miles with very little issues. I've been thinking about going on some longer rides and I think this VFR will be the ticket for that. Here's another couple pics. WOOOHOOO!

20170822_164223

20170821_202207

Some of them have stator problems unless that one has been replaced. But like you said not many problems. They run pretty strong. There's one in my stable. 95 VFR 750. Nice looking bike! Same color as mine. Not sure if 99 800 had any problems.
    Last edited by rchuff; 08-24-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Inactive
    levan: for an 18 year old bike that is incredible. buying a bike from an owner who cherished it enough to keep it in that condition tells you without reservation that it has received impeccable care and treatment. reminds me of how i keep my vehicles. well done son!

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Some of them have stator problems unless that one has been replaced. But like you said not many problems. They run pretty strong. There's one in my stable. 95 VFR 750. Nice looking bike! Same color as mine. Not sure if 99 800 had any problems.
    The fifth gen VFR's had a rectifier issue. This one has been replaced, thank goodness. Yeah, I like the low end grunt on these. It's geared way different than the CityX. The bike is pretty clean for a 99. Probably the cleanest 5th gen I've seen. Ride safe son. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    levan: for an 18 year old bike that is incredible. buying a bike from an owner who cherished it enough to keep it in that condition tells you without reservation that it has received impeccable care and treatment. reminds me of how i keep my vehicles. well done son!
    Hey John, I agree. I was the first one to get to this bike. I'm counting my blessings for that. He had five calls on it while I was driving down. He had three other bikes in his garage - Yamaha Super Tenere, Concours 14, and a ZX14. He said the VFR kept drawing the short straw so it was time to let her go. She's gonna need new shoes in the not to distant future. Oh yeah, by the way, I bought the tires you suggested for the CityX. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Got'em from Jake Wilson. Good pricing. The tires ride great. I'm considering doing the same for this VFR. I really want a No Mar Cycle Hill changer also, maybe one coming in the future. The VFR PO had one and a Marc Parnes balancer. He said that he had changed 151 tires on it so far. Thanks
    Last edited by lancruza; 08-24-2017 at 03:38 PM.

You really have got to enjoy the sound of the exhaust with the aftermarket pipe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast