Thread: 08 1125 heat issues

Question 08 1125 heat issues

so i recently purchased an 08 buell 1125r and have been riding for a few weeks , bike is alot of fun. the only downside i have come across is the heat, im in florida and here in the middle of the summer with traffic it gets pretty toasty. havent had any overheating issues so far, however id like to solve the frame and exhaust cooking my legs.

i did some research and have bought some heat shielding to attach to the inside of the frame as well as some pipe wrap to wrap the exhaust and headers with.

My question is , how do i get the headers off? and what else do i need to remove in order to properly heat shield the frame?

You have to remove the oil cooler to get the headers off. If you're doing that you might as well get an exhaust and ecm. Dean Adams hooked me up and I haven't had any issues with fuel boiling in the frame. Wrapping would definitely get the heat away from your leg, though I haven't done it.

I rode my CR in Florida for a few years, fuel boiling in the frame and everything

The heat shield inside the frame seemed to help a little, I never wrapped the headers. You can use ECMDroid to access the fan logic in your ECM too.
    In my own personal experiment, adding an oz or two of good 2-stroke oil, dramatically and consistently lowered engine temp compared to ambient temp and the fuel stopped boiling completely. YMMV.

Before you click the link, prepare for the hate! Hahaha Where the heck is Gloom? I miss that guy.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=stroke

I already have a race ecm paired with my barkers exhaust. however the heat issue still persists, i have not done any messing around with my buelltooth and ecm droid however, perhaps i will give that a try with the barkers tune from buelltooth

i took it on a 100 mile round trip ride today in the florida heat, same issues but the temps ranged from 195-208 CT and 85-134 AT ( couple times i was stuck in construction at the beach).

whats the best way to support the bike if i in fact want to take it apart for the sheilding, header wrap, and possibly a fuel pump change?
    suspend it from rachet straps from above?

It's summer in Florida. There is no tune that will make that bike be comfortable on your inner thighs. Get used to Huevo's en Fuegos!

195-208 is very cool for those high ambient temps. You don't have a problem.

If you need to drop the swingarm and you don't have a stock muffler with jack points on it, then hang the back from the rafters or an A-frame ladder.