Thread: 2003 XB9 Gaskets

2003 XB9 Gaskets

I'm currently rebuilding my 2003 XB9S, and I've met a lot of confusion when finding gaskets to replace. I'll need cylinder base gaskets and all top end gaskets. I know of Cometic, but I'm not sure what will fit my motor... I'm also in need of a new drive belt, and am also slightly confused on the info about them, since I know my bike uses a different belt than the other years.

Thanks, any help is appreciated for getting this bike back on the road!

Inactive
    2003 XB drive belt unique. factory part # is G0500.02A8R
    you want the belt that does NOT end in the letter F but rather R. R is improved and superseded part #. they're not cheap and they're not plentiful but they're out there.
    i would go with a James proven quality top end rebuild gasket set.
    03-06 model years is JGI-17049-04-X there is a kit floating around out there that ends in W but lacks all the gaskets required.

Hey thanks man, got the gaskets ordered, will find the belt when I'm closer to getting her back together!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by aXel_B9S View Post
    Hey thanks man, got the gaskets ordered, will find the belt when I'm closer to getting her back together!
    always my pleasure. at least 1 belt consistently for sale on evilbay. just type in part # i provided atop any ebay page. to avoid some of the thievery associated with shipping on that site you can also order up thru a local H-D dealer

Yup, I'll find a belt somewhere, while I would prefer cheaper, that's not always the best option!