Thread: 2007 XB12S - Engine Cranks, No Start - Need Help Please!

2007 XB12S - Engine Cranks, No Start - Need Help Please!

Hey All,
    Need a bit of help here. Its a 2007 XB12S - 15K miles - K&N + Jardin Ex - Stock Map
    Story:Was into my ride for 2/10th of a mile and the bike turned off and coasted. I pulled over and it started again a few times but then died. Now just turns over.

Symptoms: It turns over like it wants to start, sometimes it will fire once then keep turning over with no start. I did fill the oil a bit too high, the dip stick oil was below the XXXXX after a 30 minute ride, so I added 1/2 quart. I have since removed the oil so the setting is now with in the XXXXX.

What I've Done -
    I've pulled the plugs and replaced the with NGK 8's. The old HD plugs were black, not wet though.
    Fuses looked to be good, pulled and reseated, I hear the fuel pump whine when key is turned.
    Reset TPS, Set back to 5.3. Recharged battery over night. Recently replaced the VR(blowing bulbs).
    I did spray fluid down the TB and it ran, so I'm thinking its not receiving fuel, so I'm getting spark

If its not receiving fuel - What are the things that can cause this?
    What are the check list I need to do to clean the oil over fill damage?Did my oil over fill foul my plugs and injectors? Do you think it's Position sensors CPS? ECM? Relay? PetCock?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Four things.....
    1) please don't ever ask about a "petcock" when you're talking about a 2007 Buell XB. There is no such thing on your bike.
    Go to www.buellmods.com and download a service manual so you can better educate yourself on the bike you own.
    2) definitely sounds like you have a fuel delivery issue. I would check all wiring and grounds.
    3) pull your fuel pump and check for chaffed wiring or faulty tubing.
    4) if wiring and fuell pump check out to be ok insure you are getting a good active reading from your TPS.
    Goodluck and Post back with your findings

Is there any way for him to check the injectors first, before he pulls the fuel pump ? I only ask because he said he pulled the plugs and they were dry ?

Which to me says fuell isn't getting to the injectors... ...and the fact that the bike was running normally before succumbing to its current state makes me believe there's a fault in the physical fuel delivery.
    But now that this individual has a service manual, he can trouble shoot the issues the bike is having however he pleases.
    Test the injectors and insure wiring to said system is GTG.

I am sure Chicknstripn, is correct, One could check for pump pressure or there for the lack of , should be at 50 psi.

Hey All,
    SOLVED - I'm going to look like a buffoon , but I just added 2 Gallons of gas and she fired right up.

The crazy thing is that gas light was not on. I did fill it up to the very top. Is is possible that the gas gauge is stuck in the up position? Burn bulb?

Appreciate the fast replies

Are you telling us you were out of Gas ???? FIREdevil.gif easy fix !! That was back to basics. Glad you got it going.

Your low fuel light sensor on the pump might not be working. Should replace. But wouldn't recommend you doing it.