Thread: 2007 XB12Ss suspension setups

2007 XB12Ss suspension setups

Hey guys, so this past weekend i finally got around to setting up my suspension for my weight per the manual. Looks as though the PO had the bike on GVWR settings, and I only weigh about 170. I had the bike for about a month now, and have been riding it everyday, to and from work, about a 20 mile commute down I66, and on weekends. I somewhat got used to how it rode/handled. So now that i have tuned it per my weight, i do notice the turn in is alot better for me, feels like it has more grip. But i dont like how it feels over bumps on highway speeds. just a tad too bouncy for me.
    Do i adjust the rebound? Do i add rebound? And by adding, am i turning counter clockwise, or clockwise back towards the starting point when setting it up?

I have seen a few "race" set-ups but all of them have been for the S model, and if im not mistaken, i have different suspension, so would these still apply or no?

Inactive
    read the below article. will lay it all out for you. general rule of thumb with pre-load, compression and rebound settings on all showa cartridge forks is "turn adjuster clockwise for more" if that makes sense.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/su...-about-damping

Awesome article, and helped me a lot dial it in. I toyed with a few adjustments last night, and it feels how i want her to now.