• Reasonable deal, Go for it!

0 0%
  • Crappy deal, Stay away!

7 77.78%
  • Meh, if it works, it'll be good, but that's a lot of risk for 700

2 22.22%

Thread: Should I buy?

Should I buy?

I'm considering picking up a Blast project bike. I currently am carpooling with my wife (we work at the same place in graduate school so this works) but want something cheap that I can use when I need to go somewhere without her and she has the car.

It currently is non-running" and needs the stator replaced, but the guy is throwing in all pieces to get it up and running. The problem and why he isn't fixing himself presumably is that "the old stator bolts are broken inside the engine" and he's "not sure how to fix that". I'm presuming a screw extractor would pull them out and be okay to go again after replacing the stator and then picking up and replacing the regulator as well.

They removed the tail to make a "bobber", but it looks pretty junky and said they just unbolted everything, so I can pick up a new subframe and cover for about 50 on eBay. Also, the bike has 9XXX miles.

Do y'all think the risk/reward is worth 700?

Thanks in advance,

BMK
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMO , No , there are too many other ones out there with less miles , for fair prices , for example https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...LAST-122812094
    I am not a very fair person to ask, I dont care for them to begin with. Just being honest. puke.gif
    Last edited by Silverrider; 08-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Inactive
    that's the most hideous POS i've seen in quite some time. low mileage unabused unmodded stockers can be had for not a whole lot more $.

After all is said and done and that bucket is fixed at your expense you could've had an unmolested, zero problem, low mileage bike just like the others have stated above for less in the long run. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THAT PROJECT!!!!! It's his problem and let him deal with it!!!!

I agree with whats been said.
    You could buy it for $700, put a bunch of time and more $$ into it and it might be worth $700 later if that's your thing, go for it! Me? I wouldn't.

700 nickels maybe. Even Erik Buell thought they were better off being put into a crusher and sold for scrap.

http://newatlas.com/2010-buell-blast-crushed/12389/

OMG!!!! DON'T DO IT!!! Like John stated ugly as hell but to each is own.