Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up.....

Heads up.....

For those that run Q3's......if you are ready to replace, the new Q3+ are out and available after quite a long wait. I can't imagine how Dunlop could make that tire any better but apparently they have and they are right around the same price as the Q3. This isn't to start a tire war thread, just a heads up for Dunlop riders that are ready to replace and weren't aware of the Q3+. I'll be ordering very soon and will be beating them til they're blue on the race track. I'll report back mid sept, still have a lil bit left on my regular Q3's on my track weapon.

Does that tire run a little wide on the XB? I believe the Dunlop was what I replaced for Michelin's a while back and the first thing I noticed was the Michelin wasn't up against the stainless belt guard like the Dunlop was. It wasn't a serious issue but certainly there was no gap and it rubbed a little.

I am running a Dunlap Sportman GP A pro on my 1190 , Fits nice wears well dunlop .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    Does that tire run a little wide on the XB? I believe the Dunlop was what I replaced for Michelin's a while back and the first thing I noticed was the Michelin wasn't up against the stainless belt guard like the Dunlop was. It wasn't a serious issue but certainly there was no gap and it rubbed a little.
    I have no idea how they run on the Buell, I have them on my two track bikes (RC51 &SV60) plenty of guys on here have them on their Buells, sure they will chime in. My post wasn't for fitment issues, is was just to let Dunlop riders know that the Q3+ is out. That's all.

Well a brand spanking new 190/50/17 Q3+ is on it's way. Ill be putting it through it's paces on Oct 28th. Anybody interested in doin a track day come on down and let's get it!

I was curious about those but honestly couldn't find any reports other than the sales double-speak about whats different? Theres only so much "New exciting compound surface energy that wears better and performs better and makes your coffee taste better..." I know you can ride so I'll be super interested to know what you think of them

There will be no update on the performance of the Q3+ til next season. My regular Q3 had enough meat and it just passed tech inspection and this is my last track session. Sorry guys gotta wait til march.

I'll need to replace the Super Corsas that I just got by then I'll keep my eye out!

^^^^^^^ right on man, sorry but I wasn't trying to slap a $200 tire on if I didn't have to. Although I was dying to try it out. It's sticky as fu@k to the touch though!!!!!

Thats what she said...

Boom! hahaha sorry, had a couple Bulleit Rye Old fashioneds for Happy Halloween!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast