Thread: XB12S Headlight Mod

XB12S Headlight Mod

I know this has been covered before, but I want to be more specific. I love my cherry bomb Lightning except I haaaaaaate the headlights. And I don't want to spend 500$ on a mod. Is there anything out there y'all have found that looks good? Pictures would be awesome! I seen the LSL Urban but don't want to spend 400$ on the mod quite yet.

Banned
    Headlight mask.

Do you hate the looks or the headlight performance?

Lots of better bulb options for the stock housings HID, LED, Halogen.

Or, these 6" led headlights on E-bay aren't bad,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-H...xYIXX0&vxp=mtr

and mount easily with fork brackets, you'll need to fab some brackets to mount the stock gauges, but it changes the look of the bike completely.

IMG_0418.jpg

what is it you want to change? do you not like the 2 lights side by side, and would prefer a single? or do you not like the "one on, one off" feature? or the performance? I have done a few different mods using the stock housing with other lights installed. some using the stock reflector, and some without. I also like the look of halo rings in all of mine, so I have that set up now. I'm working on a new set for fun, and a lot of electrical trial and error, but when I finish it I will post pics.
    The biggest issue I have had trying to keep costs down, and reusing the stock housing, is finding headlights that will fit the 4" - 4.5" size. Most of what's out there in that size is "fog" lights. It's way easier to get a lot of different options in a 6" round size!