Thread: 2005 XB12R aftermarket exhausts best of the two in thread

2005 XB12R aftermarket exhausts best of the two in thread

I know this is probably posted in the wrong place or even has been answered before.

I would like the opinion on the difference between the Hawk and the Drummer exhausts.

If I get either do I need to remap my ECM?

If anyone has one they would like to sell PM me.

I don't get on here all the time so it could be a couple weeks before I reply.

One post is fine.
    If you change your stock exhaust to an aftermarket exhaust of any kind, you should get the ECM tuned.

Try Buelltooth.com for pretty much all the info you need about that simple mod. It is not for "Custom tuning" it is for using an existing tune already made to match you bike.

Have fun down the wormhole!

I had the Drummer SS and have ridden my buddy's bike with the Hawk exhaust... The biggest differences I see between the two are:
    1. Drummer is much louder than the hawk. My SS had a very deep rumble that was very pleasant to listen to, but I'm sure my neighbors hated me when I idled out of the neighborhood at 4:30 in the morning though. The hawk had a much higher pitch, almost a little tinny sound to it. It was much quieter than the Drummer as well under load and was super quiet at idle.