Thread: buying a buell 2009 xb9sx

Cool buying a buell 2009 xb9sx

ok I'm new in this and I'm just looking for an opinion
    I'm about to buy a xb9sx 2009 2000 miles for $4000 is these reasonable and is it worth it
    cause there is no parts for these or dealer? anybody

There are plenty of parts available, you just need to do a little WORK to find them.
    How mechanically inclined are you? Doesn't matter if the bike is 4 dollars or 4000, if you can't follow a service manual and know the basics of turning wrenches, you're better off finding an affordable jap bike.
    There are no dealers or very few with Buell mechanics. A good Buell mechanic is like the Pegasus itself. Some claim they never existed others believe they lived long ago and are now extinct. Some people will tell you that if you look hard enough and keep your mind open you'll find one in your own backyard. If you do find one, keep in mind anything exotic and rare is expensive.
    However, if you can do all your own work, are keen to follow advice, and do a lot of research a Buell is easy.
    Seeing that this is your first post and you're asking about price, and claim that there are no parts available, I'd say you're not going to enjoy owning or having to work on a Buell.
    I will say, I've been wrong many times before......

thank u for replying and believe me I'm gonna to buy it i really want these bike and i can turn the wrench. oooo question do you know what kind of bulb goes on the headlamp?

Is this Chicago ? again .

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Is this Chicago ? again .
    LOL

if you're not our beloved CHICAGO.....then an H7 will work.
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...lacement/page2

if you are our beloved CHICAGO..........stop trolling!!!!!!!!!!

from Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by dannyxb9sx View Post
    from Massachusetts
    Welcome to the board, Sounds like a nice bike ,low miles, We like pics please share with us. I had a Blue xb9sx 2009 fun bikes.

Welcome Danny!

Do some more searches on the forum (Google is your friend here). There are lots of threads with info about what to look for when buying a Buell and about parts availability (so far, I have not had any trouble getting parts for my '09 XB12Ss and I don't think it will be an issue anytime soon). Seems like a good price, but it really depends on the condition. I'm sure if you can give more details, folks can give you more insights.

+1 about pics!