Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Buell effect

The Buell effect

My bike and I have been through a lot during the 10 years I've owned her. We have a love hate relationship that only a true Bueller can appreciate. Ike and Tina had a similar, and almost as famous, relationship.
    That being said... ...I will say, there is one thing that never gets old; and that's the number of people that have no idea who I am, other than, the guy that rides that yellow Buell.
    This happens most where I work. Over 400 people on the shift I work on and I constantly run into someone that doesn't know me but knows my bike.
    I park next to all sorts of baggers, choppers and sportbikes yet I find people gravitate towards my bike. I believe this to be the Buell effect.
    Anyone else have similar encounters with complete strangers solely because of the fact that you ride a Buell?

Yep. It's a thing. I ride a matt black m2 and people say " hey don't you ride that old Ducati? ".

Same thing has happened to me at my current and last job. In fact, at my last job, several people already knew my S3T, but not me (from a previous job). They would walk right by the Japanese bikes and zero in on one of my Buell's or my friends Ducati. I always got questions asking if my Buell was an Italian or German bike. Most people were surprised when I told them who used to own Buell and the similarity of the engine to a sportster.

Yes funny alot of cops that meet at chick fil a in the morning know me by my buells I have 6 total. And the people at the gym "are you the guy that rides that bike"

Carlos....Ike and Tina. I damn near whooped one of my Buells with a shoe one day as well!!!!...lol

Shoe???? NO, use a sneaker !

Yep, it still amazes me when someone walks up and says, "WHAT is THAT?" Buells do tend to draw a little bit of attention.

Last edited by Silverrider; 08-22-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Your headlight is out.

So far, after owning a Buell for only about a month, the individuals who ask questions or comment on the bike are those who have already ridden a Buell. The conversation always ends up the same, "This bike is so much fun. You must have a blast on it".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast