Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasket sets?

Gasket sets?

Hi guys, been reading for a while now, and finally decided to pick up a fixer upper buell xb12s. Bike has around 26k miles and is a 2007. picked her up for 1k.
    i got the bike with the rear cylinder leaking oil from the top. Doesnt appear to be the breather tube, looks more like its coming from the rocker top. Is there a complete gasket set that any one can recommend me?

I want to accomplish this task while i wait for the front rim to get here; got the bike with a bent/cracked front rim.

I plan on following this thread for guidance: http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...gine-With-Pics!

Does anyone know if i have to remove the drive belt though? I did not see that in post above, but after looking at the bike, i thought i may have to.

Thanks!

Inactive
    best pricing i've ever seen is below. THE buell gasket set of choice for most....top quality....very complete.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMES-GASKET...RZGcfV&vxp=mtr

ALSO....my wife wants to know what time the eclipse is coming today. we're located in southern PA. poor girl looking constantly for it yesterday but couldn't see it. anyone know the time for our locale??????
    DH20DS9UIAAVV6m.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 08-23-2017 at 12:30 PM.

haha dude, too early to laugh that hard haha.

Thanks for the recommedation. I may have to create an ebay account to buy that one. Is there not one from a reputable parts seller? Or are these parts that hard to come by?

Lastly, if i am replacing just the rocker gasket, are there any more gaskets that are right on top to replace while i have the rocker top off? I know there is a small rectangle one in the middle, but are there more i can do while im there?

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    breather grommet highly recommended.
    you can source the gaskets you need from any H-D dealer but "pricey" that method.

ok ill look into the breather grommet.
    I tried applying my year an model to the ebay link, and it says its not compatiable. Is that right orrrrr is ebay just stupid lol

Damm it Daisy,
    Forgot to put the solar glasses on the horse!!
    IMG_6330.JPG

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ you mocking me and my family stevie????? we're all meek and mild pacifists but i DO have my limitations.

AmishBBC.jpg

www.buellmods.com
    Go to the above sight and download a service manual. Should help answers questions you come across while performing engine rotation.
    Also if you have not come across the names of surdyke HD or Nee Castle HD as a great source for parts then I'd say you haven't done much research.
    Try the above dealers out, great online sites, great prices, great customer service and Highly recommended by Buellers on this site for years.

needpics.jpg

Dam Chicago hits again !

^^^^^^^Do you even know who Chicago is? John the family is looking really sharp there buddy!! Lol!!

Last edited by rchuff; 08-23-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast