Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gasket sets?

YES
    I used it liberally there and just wiped the excess off when done.
    Do you have Allen wrenches with the ball ends? Or rounded ends, not sure the technical name for them. You'll need a 1/4in Allen to get two of the bolts on the intake flanges off. I can't quite remember which one but one of those Allen bolts is a bit tricky.
    Take your time, plan on spending a Saturday afternoon on the repair, and good luck!

yup, have all the tools, stands, jacks, lifts needed

Have had my bike apart for over a month waiting to order gaskets, "been really busy" , but finally ordered my second James gasket kit... Now let's hope when I'm done we don't have any extra parts left over!

Second set huh? That's sucks. I just finished about 2 hours ago. Started around 11am. Did the rocker, and used the big blue gaskets on my intake, cleaned the heck out of the TB, replaced the front isolator since it was all cracked up. Replaced sparks and wires. Ran s new throttle cable through. And then painted the frame black lol.

I gotta say, this site an people here are awesome. Gathered all the info, parts, how to - all from here.

Quote Originally Posted by tokinbuller View Post
    Second set huh? That's sucks. I just finished about 2 hours ago. Started around 11am. Did the rocker, and used the big blue gaskets on my intake, cleaned the heck out of the TB, replaced the front isolator since it was all cracked up. Replaced sparks and wires. Ran s new throttle cable through. And then painted the frame black lol.

I gotta say, this site an people here are awesome. Gathered all the info, parts, how to - all from here.
    I'm about to do the same job. I'm actually doing a fan because oil seepage blew it up. So while I'm doing the fan and rocker gaskets, I also ordered plugs, plug wires, and the 02 sensor. I JUST replaced the battery and voltage regulator, and realized my clutch cable guide was broken (so I got the good one to replace that, too). I'm a little intimidated by the scope of this job, frankly......but I'm sure that once I do it, I'll know the bike a lot better. Just hope I don't F**K anything up!

Warner

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    I'm about to do the same job. I'm actually doing a fan because oil seepage blew it up. So while I'm doing the fan and rocker gaskets, I also ordered plugs, plug wires, and the 02 sensor. I JUST replaced the battery and voltage regulator, and realized my clutch cable guide was broken (so I got the good one to replace that, too). I'm a little intimidated by the scope of this job, frankly......but I'm sure that once I do it, I'll know the bike a lot better. Just hope I don't F**K anything up!

Warner
    It was my first time as well,working on this bike. Looks harder than it is trust me! dont get overwhelmed, just do one thing at a time, and peak at the step by step instructions that are linked in this thread.. I used the service manual for all the torque specs on reinstalling.

And yes, you will feel alot more comfortable messing with stuff after you complete this!

Quote Originally Posted by tokinbuller View Post
    It was my first time as well,working on this bike. Looks harder than it is trust me! dont get overwhelmed, just do one thing at a time, and peak at the step by step instructions that are linked in this thread.. I used the service manual for all the torque specs on reinstalling.

And yes, you will feel alot more comfortable messing with stuff after you complete this!
    Thanks for the encouraging words!

Warner

Parts finally shipped yesterday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234