Thread: Chin Fairing

Chin Fairing

Hey guys, back with another question. When I bought my Buell, it came without a chin Fairing. Not sure why, but it didn't. Currently I have a jardine exhaust on it, and am wondering if anyone knows how I would go about finding a chin Fairing (looked without luck). Also, not sure if a stock one would still fit with my current exhaust. Thanks in advanced

Matthew

Pictures for reference

https://ibb.co/bLswP5

I apologize that it's a link and not in the post. On vacation and my phone will not allow me to include pictures

https://ibb.co/kjxKcQ
    ^ Pictures completely unrelated to post, just think it's a kickass picture. Trees are only fully bloomed one day a year

Inactive
    it came without a "chin fairing" which is the lower cowling because somewhere in its life a PO threw it in the trash....which is a damn shame. IMO buells look like hell without it. the correct jardine exhaust kit for any XB would have come with all the bracketry and hardware to mount the stock lower cowling. it appears said bracketry remains on your bike so purchase a new or used cowling, the 7 torx fasteners that attach it to same(2 left-3 right-2 front)and have at it. should be good used ones available from board members.....check "parts for sale" section of the board.....and below link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-BUELL-X...VZiPi-&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the response! I would agree, didn't think it looked too bad, but after seeing another xb in person with it on, mine definitely looks naked without it. Actually just been contacted by another forum memeber who has some extras, so good suggestions.
    Thanks!

Matthew, that was me with the extra chins that PMed you. And here they are, one needs some sanding and polish before paint as you can see but it's doable as I have done it. I can't ask you for money as these were practically given to me by 34ninteen (Aaron). If you want them settle up with Aaron and I will forward them to you if you are stateside.

John has shown you better there and you should consider that to be a great price considering how hard it was to get a set together when I was hunting chins recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank everyone for the suggestions and offer midway. Just went ahead and got the ready to go one off eBay from the link lunatic provided me with! I'll make sure to upload a picture when she has all her plastics on.

Yep... there are people asking crazy price just for one piece so that ebay seller has given you all three for 75.00. I had to read that twice to believe it. Even if you have to buff them up a little there is help in here to do so.

Rob

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MTech14 View Post
    Thanks for the response! I would agree, didn't think it looked too bad, but after seeing another xb in person with it on, mine definitely looks naked without it. Actually just been contacted by another forum memeber who has some extras, so good suggestions.
    Thanks!
    always my pleasure. i think you'll find the look of your bike with the cowling installed much more attractive.

I'm there will you, but on an xb12scg. Mine is in rough shape, large crack on the left side (maybe 1 inch from cracking through). Another small crack on the center piece, a lot of road rash too. And, I think the PO lost the normal torx screws and used black bolts and nylon locking nuts to attach to the Jardine brackets. I was going to just sand them down and plastidip them well, but with the major crack I'm probably just going to look for a whole new (3 piece) set (and hardware if I can find it)

I'd grab the good offer above and check out this how-to

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...cratch-removal

old thread but maybe useful

I have a chin fairing Im not using if anyone needs one