Thread: Idle adjustment cable unthreaded itself...

Idle adjustment cable unthreaded itself...

deleted
    Last edited by cknapp; 05-18-2019 at 05:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure it all turns.
    The spring that fell out goes on the end of the cable and only spins due to the tension of the cable being screwed to the right side bottom of throttle plate bracket.... if that makes sense.
    Google image search "buell XB throttle body" and you should find some images that are more helpful than m description

Quote Originally Posted by xb9r View Post
    Connects to the lower end of the cable bracket adjacent the throttle lever assembly. Do you need a picture from the service manual? You should be able to guide it back in if you remove the airbox cover, air cleaner cover, air filter & base plate (disconnect the air temp sensor to get the base plate off completely). It will take some finagling to put the curve to the cable while starting the first thread.

Note to self... never do this
    Ive replaced idle screw/cable before, it can be a PITA

www.buellmods.com for a service manual

You should have a manual ! You are going to have to take the air box cover, air box lid, and base plate off to get to were it threads in. And yes the spring goes on it to keep the tention on it so it doesn't back out. You backed it out to far.

deleted

I only have experience resetting my 07 with ECMspy. You'll know when to stop backing out the screw when you blip the throttle and the TPS value on the computer screen display is at 0. Then you hit the reset button to zero it.
    After that you turn it back the other way till the scream is showing a value of 5 to 5.6. This value is just a baseline. Once you fire up the bike you want to let it warm up, then set the RPMs anywhere from 950 to 1150. Where ever the bike runs idles best.
    That is my quick and dirty TPS reset.
    Follow the manual and also look up Daves DIY video on how to reset the TPS. I believe it's a sticky or something. That shiuld give you a good idea of what you need to do.
    I may have missed a step on my quick and dirty summary

Yes I would lube the threads or anti-seize it makes it easier to turn adjuster. Do as chickn stated.
    Last edited by rchuff; 08-31-2017 at 01:23 AM.

deleted