Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Introduction. I just bought a XB9R

  1. #11
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    7,948
    There is good news too! A frame swap isn't that hard, or even better, If the powertrain is still good you can make a backbone frame like this guy does.




    I'm Mr. positive today!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Silverrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,713
    Yea , One must look at the Budget & the Buell experience. And ask the ? Do you want to ride or Fab?? Yes ,one can do both with multi bike !! Yes Do it .!!!!

  3. #13
    Senior Member wickedchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,451
    Where the lower triple stem comes up through the frame and the top triple gets mounted where the others said about the head bearing looks cracked and cracked bad. If that's the case DO NOT under any circumstances try to put the upper triple clamp on and make the other repairs and attempt to ride that machine!!!!!!! That frame there looks ****ED and is deadly to ride!!!!

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Now you guys starting to scare me. I finally unloaded from my truck and I will be taking it apart this weekend, I shall check the damage and upload some pictures. If the frame Is no good I will research to see into what frame I could install the engine or see what I could do about it.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Restlessrustler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hamilton NJ
    Posts
    859
    20150525_131520.jpg someone who is giving advice knows what this is.....lol

  6. #16
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    7,948
    Man...Been there.

    I paid $500 for a '07 XB12 with 5k miles and it was waaaay too much. Caveat emptor.

  7. #17
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AmishLand, PA.
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by pento007 View Post
    Now you guys starting to scare me. I finally unloaded from my truck and I will be taking it apart this weekend, I shall check the damage and upload some pictures. If the frame Is no good I will research to see into what frame I could install the engine or see what I could do about it.
    did you READ the opening sentence of my post? your buell has a 17 digit vin. it's located at various positions on the bike including the VIN sticker on the head stock area. if you're breaking it up for parts go ahead and do it. HOWEVER....if you're planning on possibly resurrecting this turd and eventually pursuing a fresh title and state registration..........DO NOTHING until you check with your appropriate titling agency in the state where you reside to see if it's even possible to do same. why? simple: it was crashed hard....somewhere sometime someone pursued an insurance claim OR the police entered the VIN into the NCIC/NHTSA system. bet on it. with that historical event occurring over 90% of states will therefore refuse to ever allow it on their respective roadways again. capiche???

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Ah ok. My apologies. The old owner claimed the insurance and than bought it back from them, which gave it a salvage title. I read on the DMV website and all I have to do is pay the fees and change it to my name.

  9. #19
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AmishLand, PA.
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by pento007 View Post
    Ah ok. My apologies. The old owner claimed the insurance and than bought it back from them, which gave it a salvage title. I read on the DMV website and all I have to do is pay the fees and change it to my name.
    i don't know you and i don't care what you do with that thing but i'm hoping like hell to see you avoid tons of heartache and frustration. when you checked did you SPECIFICALLY check provided website info for "title application/change/salvage title/registering vehicle with salvage title????? the salvage title changes everything. as i previously mentioned virtually every state does NOT want a salvaged vehicle back on their respective roads. over and above that from your provided pics the frame appears to be a future flower-pot. if you must "re-frame" that bike it takes you into yet another realm of nightmares with your local DMV.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    i don't know you and i don't care what you do with that thing but i'm hoping like hell to see you avoid tons of heartache and frustration. when you checked did you SPECIFICALLY check provided website info for "title application/change/salvage title/registering vehicle with salvage title????? the salvage title changes everything. as i previously mentioned virtually every state does NOT want a salvaged vehicle back on their respective roads. over and above that from your provided pics the frame appears to be a future flower-pot. if you must "re-frame" that bike it takes you into yet another realm of nightmares with your local DMV.
    Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I will go on Tuesday to the DMV and double checked everything.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •